Trump did it.
So big a world, so little time to see.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trekkar wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
BarabooBob wrote:
Tomorrow night the forecast calls for -25 f with a wind chill of -65 f. And to think I have to get up at 5:00 am to go to work. Is it spring yet?

This is why I don't live where there are blizzards. I can't imagine getting up in the wee hours to face the freezing cold to dig out the car to go to a job I really would rather not do... ๐Ÿ™‚

I prefer the cold weather to mudslides, wildfires, earthquakes....etc. Campgrounds are quiet, good hiking, (snoeshoes) ice fishing,

Don't get me wrong. I prefer cold weather. I just don't find cold and blizzards conducive to having to go to work...

Earthquakes are minimal in quantity. You might experience one big one in a lifetime and that doesn't guarantee you'll have any damage, etc.

Wildfires are bad, but still not as common as tornadoes and hurricanes. Once a wildfire has gone through an area, it will be quite a while before it goes through that area again.

Mudslides usually come after a bad wildfire, but again, once it happens it will take a long time to happen again.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
D.E.Bishop wrote:
Today is 1-31-19 and we are on the beach just below Vandenberg AFB. Current temp outside is 61 degrees, About what it has been since 1-27-19. Please don't hate us, I was pick over the rocks delivered last night during the tail end of a weather front. I was wearing a long sleeved tee shirt though. Rain forcast for tomorrow, tnmps in the high 50's.

Lets see, no cold weather in Southern CA, but you have Earthquakes, Fires and Mudslides and the CA government. Rest assured we don't hate you.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Today is 1-31-19 and we are on the beach just below Vandenberg AFB. Current temp outside is 61 degrees, About what it has been since 1-27-19. Please don't hate us, I was pick over the rocks delivered last night during the tail end of a weather front. I was wearing a long sleeved tee shirt though. Rain forcast for tomorrow, tnmps in the high 50's.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here is your government winter forecast that you paid for: From October 2018
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
BarabooBob wrote:
Tomorrow night the forecast calls for -25 f with a wind chill of -65 f. And to think I have to get up at 5:00 am to go to work. Is it spring yet?

This is why I don't live where there are blizzards. I can't imagine getting up in the wee hours to face the freezing cold to dig out the car to go to a job I really would rather not do... ๐Ÿ™‚

I prefer the cold weather to mudslides, wildfires, earthquakes....etc. Campgrounds are quiet, good hiking, (snoeshoes) ice fishing,
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Iraqvet05 wrote:
I blame Canada. Nice neighbors but they are a bit cold at times. ๐Ÿ™‚

Most cold winds come out of the north west, that sir is Alaska. It just passes through Canada on its way down.

We donโ€™t even charge taxes or duty on it in transit through Canada, as long as itโ€™s not carrying any firearms, raw chicken, or fresh fruit or vegetables. Hehehe.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Busskipper wrote:
This may help - Great Weather Map

Great weather map. Only problem is I cannot find myself. Not even a little dot to show where Bermuda is. Bummer.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lovely day today after 2 days of epic rain & thunder. T shirt weather. Got my pressure washer out & cleaned my front yard wall, walkway & driveway. Really got ambitious & fixed cracks in cement wall & driveway.

Outside painting planned for tomorrow.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Crowe wrote:
This is why I don't live where there are blizzards. I can't imagine getting up in the wee hours to face the freezing cold to dig out the car to go to a job I really would rather not do...

That's what I do. And I drive 35 miles each way on a nasty highway to do it. We only moved 30 miles north of where we were but it is colder and snowier.

I have a friend up north who would email me in the morning before leaving for work. He'd always sign off with "have to go dig the car out so I can go to work" - made me very grateful to be able to go out and just occasionally have to defrost the windshield and drive just 6 miles no freeway.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
agesilaus wrote:
Link

Not a good time to travel.

Interesting map, shows the Oregon Coast lows at mid 40's, current temp outside our rig on the central Oregon coast is 34 degrees. We should see a high today of the low 50's.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:

Just because the Weather Channel and others have to sensationalize everything

And don't forget the windchill bull, it's getting hard to find the real temperature in the fake weather reports. Windchill is the feel like temperature on bare skin and is only important at nudist camps.

wrktfsh
Explorer
Explorer
I will be golfing today.......in shorts

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
LOL.........................

It's called winter and the latter of January / beginning of February is typically the worst of it. It has been for about the last 10000 years.

Just because the Weather Channel and others have to sensationalize everything and name it as a storm every time a snowflake falls or the temp drops below 32, that does not equate to a catastrophe, a conspiracy, or a national emergency requiring martial law.

x2 on this. I don't get what the big deal is. Sure it's cold, it's been cold before, it's nothing new.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed