Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Near perfect 2001 Jayco Eagle
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Near perfect 2001 Jayco Eagle

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/19 07:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Those front clearance lights are well known to leak and cause serious issues. When you seal the roof, be sure to pay careful attention to them. The clearance lights on the back, while not subject to the air pressure of moving forward, also deserve attention.

VA-Apraisr

glen allen, VA

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/19 03:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats!!! I'd be over-the-hill excited to find a unit like that with documentation and an engineer for a previous owner (meet a lot of those guys in my job and they are usually spot-on with keeping things nice).......you'll be hardpressed to ever find another one like that so enjoy it!!

camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/19 03:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

looks great! And by 2000 the V10 had PI heads which addressed the plug spitting problem and had more power than the 97-99 version. Basically you have the same engine that's still being put in Class C motorhomes today.

2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

DaButcher

texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/19 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

New tires as in very few miles or lots of tread, when again age is also a factor?

Tires were put on last fall after previous owner had a blowout on his last trip with the Jayco.

2001 Jayco Eagle 286S Class C
93 Elkhorn 9vs T/C
2011 F250 6.7
NRA Life Member

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/30/19 07:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DownTheAvenue wrote:

Those front clearance lights are well known to leak and cause serious issues. When you seal the roof, be sure to pay careful attention to them. The clearance lights on the back, while not subject to the air pressure of moving forward, also deserve attention.

x2 on this. I owned that model and had trouble with the clearance lights. The lens is very close to the bulb, and the heat of the bulb breaks down the plastic and water enters at that point. Also check the gasket of each light. I solved the problem by switching to LED lights. Another big bonus is they got rid of that big over cab window. It was nothing but trouble.

Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. Wife and daughter. Three cats which we must obey.

greyhook

western new york

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/19 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice find. Our 2002 Jayco Greyhawk was in the same condition when we found it. Was always stored indoors and cared-for. Enjoy!

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/19 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

camperdave wrote:

looks great! And by 2000 the V10 had PI heads which addressed the plug spitting problem and had more power than the 97-99 version. Basically you have the same engine that's still being put in Class C motorhomes today.
I thought Ford implemented the solution starting model year 2003.

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/19 11:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ron.dittmer wrote:

camperdave wrote:

Ron, you are correct on that. Even so, the rig is so nice well worth buying. If it spits a plug, I would just do them all with the Timesert kit.

camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/19 11:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

T18skyguy wrote:

ron.dittmer wrote:

camperdave wrote:

Ron, you are correct on that. Even so, the rig is so nice well worth buying. If it spits a plug, I would just do them all with the Timesert kit.

I was thinking the new heads were used when they increased the HP, which happened in 2000. But I could be wrong, it's been known to happen! [emoticon]

And yes, it's sort of a non-issue these days. Any good shop can Timesert the motor if needed.

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/19 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FWIW, My brother owns a Starflyte motor home built on a 1998 E350 with V10 engine and way over 100,000 miles. He has had no issues of any kind with his V10. A tune-up at 100k went without a hitch.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Near perfect 2001 Jayco Eagle
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.