Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Batteries
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/19 07:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"The sams club batteries are the same as deka. "

Do not know if they are or not. Only know that by the time I paid for the membership ther would not be enough savings to cofer the additional miles to get to Sam's Club and the Deka store assistant helped me install so I'm very happy with the DEKA store.. and the DEKA batteries.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

twodownzero

NM

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/19 10:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

"The sams club batteries are the same as deka. "

Do not know if they are or not. Only know that by the time I paid for the membership ther would not be enough savings to cofer the additional miles to get to Sam's Club and the Deka store assistant helped me install so I'm very happy with the DEKA store.. and the DEKA batteries.

They are the same batteries. Nothing wrong with getting them elsewhere; I got them at Sam's Club because they were the only place open on Saturday when I went to buy them. They seem great so far.

Smitty77

OnDRoad

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/19 01:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not in Sam's Club as often as Costco. But I've noted the in Costco, different regions of the country may have different suppliers of GC2's. Perhaps Sam's Club is that way too?

And OP, only other item I'll add, at least until you quality what your objective's for Best is to you[emoticon]!

If you boon dock/dry camp often, the fastest recharging (Shore Power/Generator/Solar/Wind) batteries will be:
1) Lithium
2) AGM (Lifeline's are ~20% faster at recharging - if you have a charging system that can maximize power in Bulk mode. We have X's 4 Lifeline L16's - and wish our Magnum MS2812 could produce more power for Bulk, as Lifelne's, especially this size bank, can handle just about anything you can toss at them[emoticon]!)
3) Conventional Wet

So if one of your criteria's is for faster re-charge, their's some Hmmm info for you[emoticon]!

Best to you, and all,
Smitty

ArchHoagland

Clovis, CA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/19 11:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Duracell AGM battery maker

Last week I replaced both my 6 volt house batteries with the Sam's club GC2 AGM batteries. They were $179 each with an $18 core charge.

Got rid of the one gallon distilled water container and turkey baster I had to carry along all the time. Good riddance. Figured it was worth the extra money to have maintenance free batteries.

First you need to take pictures of the existing batteries and how they are connected before you disconnect them.

Second you need to measure the physical size of the existing batteries to make sure the new ones will fit.

Are you going to do the installation yourself or have it done?

2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS