cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great older fifth wheels

Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 sunnybrook titan bought it brand new in 2007...I still love it and reading this forum everyday about the quality of the new trailers it makes mad and very sad that this is happing... but who out there has a trailer that they have had for many years and will not sell it......I love my sunnybrook they were a great company the quality of the trailer is still holding up.... so who else still has there high quality trailer......I miss the days of good quality of anything.... can't wait for spring
46 REPLIES 46

AJS211
Explorer
Explorer
We have 2008 Sunnybrook Bristolbay 3420BH. We have been at looking at new ones but they are so flimsy honestly! We are going to keep ours.
Anthony, Janice, Little Anthony & Jessie the dog
14 Ford F350 Lariat Supercrew PSD
08 Bristol Bay 3420BH

Truck_n__Duck
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I bought our little treasure going on three years now. It's a 1994 Dutchman Duck that is in great shape and came without modifications except for reversing the double axles. We built a new bed frame with storage for clothing underneath, tore out the dining table and benches and put in a half-round glass topped table, added 100 watts of solar panels and a Predator 1600-2000 watt generator. The trailer is 22' and weighs in at 4015 dry, So it's relatively easy to tow with a light Anderson hitch and our 1997 F150 Super Cab Flairside Lariat 4x4. Not fast, but steady at 55-60 mph. Even Carson City to South Lake Tahoe wasn't overtaxing (three adults and 2 dogs, kayaks, bikes and the usual 10 day excursion equipment). Its pretty much all we need for road tripping the west. Our trips this year hopefully will include, Slot canyons in Escalante-Staicase National Monument, Brice Canyon and Zion National Parks, and Four Corners/Monument Valley Tribal Park, in Utah. We've an ambitious trip to the Redwoods of California planned for September or early October.

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
We've had a '92 Citation followed by a '93 Citation, followed by a '99 Citation, then a 2003 Citation (which we still own for family to use) and we currently have a 2008 Citation. I believe every trailer has been better built than the trailer it replaced. The problem for us is Citation went out of business in 2009 so I guess when we replace our current trailer we'll likely go to a Mobile Suite, Lux or possibly a New Horizons..... any of which will be a step up from what we have and will come with a price tag that is apt to take some of the fun out of camping.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Love our 04 Fleetwood Pride. Built in Texas instead of Indiana.
37 ft triple slide and very well built.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
not old at all but i feel like my pre Thor KZ Durango is a good unit, its the first RV that I've been satisfied with an have not felt that i wanted to trade or upgrade. It's serving the purpose quite well and should do us many more years.
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
2005 Newmar Mountain Aire fiver purchased off a repo lot in 2007. We've towed it over 100k miles and spend four to five months a year living in it. Once we were snow birds, but now we use it to go north in the summer.

No intention of ever selling it (as long as I can still drive the truck!). We put a MorRyde independent suspension under it in 2017. Outside decals are starting to fade, but the inside is still like new.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

video45
Explorer
Explorer
we have had our wilderness 5th since new in 1993. bought it when both kids in mid teens?have done regular maintenance, like everyone appliances repaired,brakes, tires. when we first bought it the dometic fridge had problem with staying lit. Internet in its infancy, but studied for solution. Bought dinosaur board. Now you can get them anywhere,then you had to order it from Oregon, mail order. Today {still in business} still solves problem with dometic fridges.My fridge {original} to 1993 with dino board in it,died last year {2018}. Board still works fridge gave it up.I will probably run into someone that hopefully can use it to solve their problem with fridge.
Didn't help when we were T boned in the trailer in Alabama by a car. I saw it in my rear view mirror, sitting in my truck, and saw it bounce up and leave a wheel mark 24 inches up from the ground. I thought oh man this cant be good.
This a wood constructed trailer and thought there is going to be a big hole. And there wasnt just the wheel mark and no wood damaged or wall flimsy when pushed on. So I too think trailers were definitely built better 25 years ago.

Marty

catsbytwo
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2005 NuWa HitchHiker II LS. Built like a tank. Just love it.

JWF
Explorer
Explorer
1995 Dutchman,bought new in 95'. Made many improvements over the years made a lot of repairs. It's in good shape so we're keeping it.
MichJoe
Roseville, Mich

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
FlatBroke wrote:
mountainkowboy wrote:
I think our favorite 5er was the HR 26RKS, we've seriously looked at getting another.

That’s a great looking FW. I like the simplicity of the decals. Mine are in terrible shape, about the only thing I don’t like. Could easily and cheaper to put those stripes on when I get mine off.
Those new RVs with all the scrolls and such don’t do much for me.

I absolutely agree! Between the interior fabrics and the exterior graphics, I've often wondered if all the old acid-head hippies ended up at the RV mfrs. :B

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
mountainkowboy wrote:
I think our favorite 5er was the HR 26RKS, we've seriously looked at getting another.

That’s a great looking FW. I like the simplicity of the decals. Mine are in terrible shape, about the only thing I don’t like. Could easily and cheaper to put those stripes on when I get mine off.
Those new RVs with all the scrolls and such don’t do much for me.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer

Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
This is my third Sunnybrook and they have all been terrific and they are built really strong. There’s not a bit of particleboard or OSB in any of them. I’ve been to RV shows recently and it’s hard to find any solid wood anywhere in The interiors. Needless to say I won’t be buying anything new. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
We still enjoy going to the RV shows. We never see anything we would prefer over our current trailer. Some of the monster rigs are nice inside but they wouldn't gel with how we like to travel. All the bugs are worked out of our eleven year old trailer, now it's just hitting its stride.