cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best Class B

bill257
Explorer
Explorer
I have Class C coach,Coachman 32BH Freelander,2011 Model.I am thinking about downsizing and trade in Class C with either Used or New Class B.What are your suggestions about best Class B in the Market.Appreciate your thoughts.
20 REPLIES 20

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
fullmoonoversalem wrote:
We're excited about heading out soon on our first trip in our Galleria. We are pretty excited about this trip from AK to NY and then touring some of Canada. We are taking the long way and seeing as much as possible along the way. Hope we see some of you on the roads too.

Quartz Creek Campground - Cooper Landing, AK
We've never had anyone from Alaska attend one of our Annual Class B Rallies. Your schedule may be fixed, but if not check out the website link. An opening still exists and there will be a variety of Class Bs there and a lot of experienced Class B owners.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
We're excited about heading out soon on our first trip in our Galleria. We are pretty excited about this trip from AK to NY and then touring some of Canada. We are taking the long way and seeing as much as possible along the way. Hope we see some of you on the roads too.

Quartz Creek Campground - Cooper Landing, AK
2017 Coachmen Galleria

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
bill257 wrote:
We have first trip in our new Travato last week to New York city.I love the ease of handling and driving.It drives just like a van.Good part is that after a long time using Class C now we can easily park our B in city parking spaces.It is compact,good quality material,all the bells and whistles.I like the Solar panel charging system.Another good part is that now I can park it in my driveway and do not have to pay storage fee.

Nice! We are heading to NY from AK in May.
2017 Coachmen Galleria

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
bill257 wrote:
Thanks everyone for comments.After lot of research and looking at various dealerships we decided to go with Winnebago Travata 59G.It fits our needs.Will get the delivery in next couple of weeks.

Excellent choice! We had decided on the K, but had an opportunity to purchase another one of our top choices - Galleria by coachmen. New, but 2017. Enjoy!
2017 Coachmen Galleria

bill257
Explorer
Explorer
We have first trip in our new Travato last week to New York city.I love the ease of handling and driving.It drives just like a van.Good part is that after a long time using Class C now we can easily park our B in city parking spaces.It is compact,good quality material,all the bells and whistles.I like the Solar panel charging system.Another good part is that now I can park it in my driveway and do not have to pay storage fee.

DoubleVeteran
Explorer
Explorer
I like the Travato's, especially a G! But I ruled them out because the bed looks too small for two people (I'm 6'1" and my girlfriend is 5'6"), and the holding tanks are only 13 gallons each. I do a lot of dry camping / boondocking and a 13 gal grey tank would only do for about a day or so....

SEWRIGHT33
Explorer
Explorer
I owned a 1990 roadtrek
Then 1977 gmc
1992 roadtrek
1997 leisure WIDEBODY
My love for convenience, driving, set up, manouverability, sleeping, etc etc etc
ROADTREK 4 seater with king bed
I spend 2 months 3 years in a row travelling Mexico and would never do it any other way
Ann

rvindave
Explorer
Explorer
I've been Class B shopping, and have decided on the same Make / Model / floor plan you did! I've not yet pulled the trigger yet. Will be curious to hear how you like your rig. Good luck

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
AsheGuy wrote:

Since you don't live too far from the location, you should check out the Annual Class B Rally coming up in May. It is in central PA this year. There is always a lot of variety in the Class Bs at these rallies.

I agree with Ashe, I went to last years Rally for a day and learned a lot and ended up buying a B that I might not have considered with out the advice I heard at the rally. We are signed up and can't wait to actually participate as an owner.

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
bill257 wrote:
Thanks everyone for comments.After lot of research and looking at various dealerships we decided to go with Winnebago Travata 59G.It fits our needs.Will get the delivery in next couple of weeks.

We've had our Travato for almost two years now and have been very happy with it. I hope you're happy with yours, too.
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
bill257 wrote:

Great, I hope you have as many good trips in your new Class B as we have had in ours. The "Best Class B" is the one that meets your needs. We used RV.net to get info way back in 2005 about Class Bs and in our case we got just what we wanted and would make the same choice again.

Since you don't live too far from the location, you should check out the Annual Class B Rally coming up in May. It is in central PA this year. There is always a lot of variety in the Class Bs at these rallies.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations!

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

bill257
Explorer
Explorer

Shearwater
Explorer
Explorer
Class B's cost more in part because you are not putting furniture into a box - it has to fit into a structure with complex curves. Class B's also cost more because they are carefully built with quality materials, unlike most of the junky RV's that are just slapped together to sell for the lowest possible price. For the same reason, used class B's have a higher resale value.

I would second Trekker's suggestion to try renting - Different layouts appeal to different people.

For the question of "best" I suggest that they are all pretty good with the exception of Forester. We had a Sportsmobile for 10 years and 110,000 miles and were quite happy with it. We now have an Advance RV class B and love it. I would suggest visiting the Sportsmobile website (sportsmobile.com) for general information on B's and to see what kinds of layouts are available.
Advanced RV Sprinter