cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Rig Keystone Hideout

ThunderRock
Explorer
Explorer
Not delivered to us yet, but all the papers are signed. Can't wait!

https://www.asrvcenter.com/product/new-2018-keystone-rv-hideout-232lhs-869602-29

Ken & Ruth

---

:B

'18 Keystone Hideout 232LHS - (Kuhrs' Kamping Korner)
Eaz-Lift WD & Sway System
Prodigy BC
'15 Chevy Colorado LT Ext Cab
'08 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab

12 REPLIES 12

Ride_S40T
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! That's a real nice floor plan. Really like the decent sized bath, a rarity it seems. C'mon Spring, let's get here already.
2021 Grand Design 268BH
2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500 SRW
Traveling K9s Diesel and Roger

whjco
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your new acquisition!
Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
ThunderRock wrote:
Sorry all; didn't explain that we'll be having this delivered to our permanent CG site up north.
Also, I wouldn't have any problem pulling this with my Chevy. It wouldn't be fully loaded anyway; I can put 7600# on her.

Let me apologize for all of my "friends" here who sometimes jump to conclusions.

Congrats on the new trailer. I have a 2016 Keystone 5th wheel and I've been overall pleased with it. Granted, I have realistic expectations but for the money, I'm super happy with it. There's a pretty good Keystone owner's forum - keystonerv.org

ThunderRock
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry all; didn't explain that we'll be having this delivered to our permanent CG site up north.
Also, I wouldn't have any problem pulling this with my Chevy. It wouldn't be fully loaded anyway; I can put 7600# on her.

Ken & Ruth

---

:B

'18 Keystone Hideout 232LHS - (Kuhrs' Kamping Korner)
Eaz-Lift WD & Sway System
Prodigy BC
'15 Chevy Colorado LT Ext Cab
'08 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab

yillb
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
And your going to attempt to pull this 28 foot long 7600 pound GVWR trailer with a Colorado? Good luck with that! I mean is it just you in a stripped truck? How about your family? Pets? Stuff you normally carry? Or are you buying a different truck, maybe a real 1500?
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you simply do not have enouh TV.

You're pretty arrogant for someone who's wrong.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you, but either you jumped to conclusions, or you're incapable of reading.

Trailer :

Hitch Weight 610 lbs
Dry Weight 5530 lbs

I do admire that you said 7600 pound GVWR trailer, but you don't really know if he'll be traveling with fresh water, or what he'll be traveling with. You can preach all day what the GVWR is, if he's not using it, he's not needing to factor it in. What if he only has 500 pounds of ****, which is considerably more than most of us have in our trailers anyways. so 6k, Colorado, while not a good choice, is more than capable of handling that weight. Moreover, the payload on this thing is 1410 lbs, add female passenger at 150, and two kids at 50 that's 250, full tank of gas is 155 pounds, and that's being liberal, saying he has a 25 gallon tank. That puts him at 605, leaving him with a payload of about 1000 pounds. 10% of his 6000 pound trailer, or hell, we'll even say 7600 like you said, still with a real world usage of 10% and 6k, would be about 600-650 pounds at the tongue, well within his vehicles capability.

the only argument you have here is that the GVWR is 7600. That's like saying my truck can tow 21000 pounds, and in Arkansas I would need a clas a ( non restricted license ) merely because my truck is CAPABLE of hauling that much, not that i am hauling that much. Nothing more than ignorance.

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
There it is!! ROFLMAO....:S

Typical.......

How do you know he also did not purchase an F350 at the same time lol?

How do you know he isn't colluding with Russia?
You look for evidence. His signature lists two trucks. His signature and post do not list a new TV.
Silly rabbit.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations, on the new trailer. Now if we can just get to some nice weather to enjoy it.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
and to add to my earlier post....have the dealer throw in a power tongue jack.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Looks good.

First thing I noticed was the rear fridge ... In the bathroom ????
Then I noticed the external kitchen, that I really like.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats. Getting a new rig is always exciting. You are going to like the corner neo-angle shower, all the storage in the bathroom and an honest to goodness pantry.

Obviously, you have other plans than the Colorado for your TV.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
There it is!! ROFLMAO....:S

Typical.......

How do you know he also did not purchase an F350 at the same time lol?
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
And your going to attempt to pull this 28 foot long 7600 pound GVWR trailer with a Colorado? Good luck with that! I mean is it just you in a stripped truck? How about your family? Pets? Stuff you normally carry? Or are you buying a different truck, maybe a real 1500?
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you simply do not have enouh TV.