Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Big Bend Rio Grande Village No Reservations
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Big Bend Rio Grande Village No Reservations

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
huachuca

Tarboro, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/19 11:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rr2254545 wrote:

The have 44 sites available on line available for next Monday for a [email protected] $ 14 per night.....

It could very well be my unfamiliarity with the workings of the new recreation.gov website but I couldn't find any single site available for all days between 2/04 and 2/11 at the NPS RGV campground. I couldn't even find any sites available for two or more nights in a row for the entire month. March and most of April seem to be almost as bad. Same pattern goes for The Basin.

If I'm missing something, please straighten me out. We're planning to visit in May and this may be indicative of higher use than I've seen in the past. We're hoping to get one of the boondocking sites but even those might be taken with this degree of usage. I've seen the Park full between Christmas and New Years and in mid-March for Spring Break but nothing like this.

huachuca

Tarboro, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/19 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mkc wrote:

Be aware of some area closures at Big Bend for the next several months

https://www.nationalparkstraveler.org/20........sures-big-bend-protect-peregrine-falcons

Link wouldn't work for me but the only closure I'm aware of is for some sections of the trails leading up to the South Rim due to the falcons nesting. Its a fairly hard core hike up to that area so I don't think this would impact the average visitor too badly.

mkc

TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/19 06:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try this

Big Bend Closures

The areas closed to public entry from February 1 through May 31 are:

The Southeast Rim Trail and a portion of the Northeast Rim Trail from the Boot Canyon/Southeast Rim junction to a point just north of Campsite NE-4.
All Southeast Rim campsites as well as Northeast (NE) campsites 4 and 5 are closed during this period.
Technical rock climbing on rock faces within ΒΌ mile of known peregrine eyries, as posted, will not be allowed between February 1 and July 15.
The National Park Service does not plan to close any other areas, but restrictions may be modified if Peregrine behavior or nesting sites do not follow traditional trends.

2017 LTV Unity

MilesandSmiles

Still a dream

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/07/19 01:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for much great advice. We've decided to go with Stillwell because we have pets and may need to run our air conditioners if the days get too hot.

Newly retired
2004 Fleetwood Southwind 37A
www.milesandsmiles.us

GoHorns

McKinney, Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/19 07:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You'll enjoy Stillwell. Be sure and drive to the end of the road... I think if you look up "middle of nowhere" there will be a picture of Stillwell.

We plan on going back some day.

2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi, 4x4, 3.92
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB
Equalizer 14k

Semi Empty Nesters
Jer 20:9

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Big Bend Rio Grande Village No Reservations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.