cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelander 21QB owners?

Just_There
Explorer
Explorer
Holá, are there any owners or past owners here who would be willing to share information on the 21QB? We recently purchased a 2012 w/ Chev 6.0L
I will not be able to personally inspect this for a couple of months, but hope to be up to speed to commission/outfit it for boondocking when I meet her in person.
11 REPLIES 11

Just_There
Explorer
Explorer
Thank y’all for your concern. I did not personally see the RV until about a month ago. My wife and a knowledgeable friend checked it out first, then a professional inspection before purchase. Not how I would have liked things to be, but it has worked out well. Spent some quality time learning the systems and upgrading to suit our needs. Now we’re rolling!

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
way2roll,

That's kind of the way I read it too. Unless it's being purchased from a trusted family member, I hope it's not a case of "sight unseen". Or they have some way of backing out of the deal upon inspection.

Just There,

Not sure what your background is with motorhomes and RV's in general, but I suggest you do a lot research and know what to look for when you go see it.

Good Luck,

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
If I read this correctly, you bought an RV sight unseen?
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

rockfishon
Explorer
Explorer
Just There wrote:
Has anyone installed an inverter? Where did you locate it?

Yes, I installed it under the drawer below the stove.

SSandman
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know about the 2012 but my 2019 has a plug-in outside for solar to be attached.

Just_There
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone installed an inverter? Where did you locate it?

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
A rear corner bed is just about the only way to have an always-available, nearly queen size, bed at floor level in a small Class C without slides.

The DW has no problem using our rear corner bed because she is the only one who sleeps in it due to her needing the whole thing to spread out with her bad back. I use the cabover queen, which is easy to get into due to the raised floor of our basement design coach and it's stock ladder with wide steps that Winnebago supplied.

There is no need to "make up" the corner bed. We just use a foam topper on the corner bed and then wash/change it's fitted sheet periodically. The fitted sheet is easy to put on/off by curling the topper's corners towards the foot where we stand, as we stretch the fitted sheet's elastic edges over onto/off-of the underside of the foam.

Use of the corner bed this way is not difficult at all, and what effort it is - is well worth the advantages of a small Class C with no slides.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
ADAD437 wrote:
I have a 2011 21QB on the Ford. The big complaint I have is the corner bed. I hate that. The bathroom is small but useable. As said before, the cab over is prone to leaks due to the flexing, so be vigilant. I wish I had a slide out.
But with a slide out, your house will be flexing even more.

I agree that the rear corner bed is less than ideal yet we work with it well. For us, it's better than the alternative.....no motor home at all. Our rig just barely fits in our garage as it is. And it's easy to get around in and find campsites in the national parks and such. Staying in private RV parks far away from the action because of "excessive length" is so much worse than a corner bed.

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
i have a 2011 21 qb on ford. the big complaint i have is the corner bed. i hate that. the bathroom is small but useable. as said before the cab over is prone to leaks due to the flexing so be vigilant. wish i had a slide out.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

😛

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Assuming the previous owner did not do so, "right away" you will want to seal the 3 amber colored front-facing lights at the top of the cab-over bed, and the one on each side. They are prone to leaking in significant amounts of rain water and snow melt, destroying the cab-over area. By the time the owner sees water stains, lots of damage is already done. Also inspect the seam-work in the same area for the same concerns.

At 23.5 feet bumper to bumper, the 21QB is a sweet little rig with an efficient floor plan. I hope you enjoy it. It's the same floor plan as our rig minus the cab-over bed. Our rig is a B+, working perfectly for my wife and me 12 years running.

Plturne
Explorer
Explorer
We own a 22QB with the Ford V10. Believe it's about the same but the dinette and closet/pantry area slide out.

Paul