cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Washer dryer in a class c

OLDROADDOG
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody install a washer dryer in a class C MH?
15 REPLIES 15

Racine96
Explorer
Explorer
I have 311FS that did not come with it installed. If you remove the rear panel in the closet, you will see that everything needed is already installed. However, I installed a Splendide vented. I did a hole in the outside wall. It works fine. You need to put the water heater off in order for it to work. I turn it off while using the washer. The unit comes with a separate valve and connection for the used water, so you need to be hooked on a site. It does not go the grey tank. If you get under your unit, you will see it. Look at the link below and you will see photos of it installed and the exhaust vent.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f230/my-first-class-c-134789-15.html

sprint99
Explorer
Explorer
Re-kindling this topic as the wife just recently brought up about adding a Washer Dryer Combo to out Class C. We DO have the Leprechaun 311FS and I have contacted Coachmen whom did reply back that all the provisions are in place to add. I will of course pull the panel to confirm. Also have to see how much effort and pain in the butt it will be to remove the door and casing to move a unit the area it's meant for.

From what I read up on, these non-vented combo units use a lot of water per wash and dry cycle, so would for sure want to be at a full hookup site when doing multiple loads. Wouldn't be too big a of deal there for us and also know that we could get away with a load utilizing the fresh water and gray tank.

She's pricing some units now, so we'll see if this proceeds.

Planeteer
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
Byork wrote:
OLDROADDOG wrote:

My wife just purchased a Zeny Mini washer/dryer combo for our class C.

It's small and fits in our shower which should make it easy to drain. I think it's less than 30 lbs. We haven't used it yet, but thought it might come in handy since we have a 1 and 3 yr old.

It doesn't actually dry, just spins the water out, then you have to hang dry. But, for $89 I feel like we can't lose.

We used one, it worked well enough to keep us out of laundromats. :C

We would make bets with each other to see how many minutes a clean set of clothes would remain clean on out daughters. We needed to dry stuff faster in order to keep the clothes in rotation.
The campfire was our dryer.
We used our Sports-brella to reflect the heat to dry the clothes faster. The umbrella spokes are sturdy enough to hang the clothes using hangers. Everything dries quickly with it pitched and staked down at a 45' angle. Well worth it to make your rv life more simple when you have kids going thru clothes all day.
We carry an old round fire-ring pan from an old outdoor fire-place. It acts as a canopy for the campground fireplace which allows us to have a campfire in the rain and still dry the clothes.
The sports-brella which reflects heat , can also be used as a warm cozy wind block on your back while sitting at the campfire. You can leave it in the same position for drying or sitting. Two people sitting in chairs can stay dry in a light rain sitting under it . It's been an asset to our washer and our campfires. ๐Ÿ˜‰

That's good feedback and good ideas. Thanks!
2021 Gulf Stream 197BH

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Byork wrote:
OLDROADDOG wrote:

It's small and fits in our shower which should make it easy to drain. I think it's less than 30 lbs. We haven't used it yet, but thought it might come in handy since we have a 1 and 3 yr old.

It doesn't actually dry, just spins the water out, then you have to hang dry. But, for $89 I feel like we can't lose.

We used one, it worked well enough to keep us out of laundromats. :C

We would make bets with each other to see how many minutes a clean set of clothes would remain clean on out daughters. We needed to dry stuff faster in order to keep the clothes in rotation.
The campfire was our dryer.
We used our Sports-brella to reflect the heat to dry the clothes faster. The umbrella spokes are sturdy enough to hang the clothes using hangers. Everything dries quickly with it pitched and staked down at a 45' angle. Well worth it to make your rv life more simple when you have kids going thru clothes all day.
We carry an old round fire-ring pan from an old outdoor fire-place. It acts as a canopy for the campground fireplace which allows us to have a campfire in the rain and still dry the clothes.
The sports-brella which reflects heat , can also be used as a warm cozy wind block on your back while sitting at the campfire. You can leave it in the same position for drying or sitting. Two people sitting in chairs can stay dry in a light rain sitting under it . It's been an asset to our washer and our campfires. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Planeteer
Explorer
Explorer
OLDROADDOG wrote:

2021 Gulf Stream 197BH

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
maillemaker wrote:
It's cheaper just to RV naked. Neighbors look at you funny though. ๐Ÿ™‚

Not if you are staying at De Anza Springs (RV) Resort in Jacumba, CA. And, FYI, it's about middle of the road price wise. They do have a coin laundry, or, you can bring your own.

Chum lee

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Acampingwewillgo wrote:
Wouldn't own an RV nowadays without a washer/dryer. Having it makes things so convenient...and as said if you have the room, ability to plumb it in and provide power, your good to go!

If you own a class C where do you have yours installed. It seems to me that to run one you would need to be hooked to utilities and if so a few quarters and a good magazine can get some crispy clean clothes at the park laundromat.
I have explored some pretty interesting towns locating their local laundromat and met some real characters as well.
As mentioned, all my quarters go into a container for laundry and car washes.

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
It's cheaper just to RV naked. Neighbors look at you funny though. ๐Ÿ™‚
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
Wouldn't own an RV nowadays without a washer/dryer. Having it makes things so convenient...and as said if you have the room, ability to plumb it in and provide power, your good to go!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
My diabetes test strips come in tubes that hold exactly $7.00 in quarters that we use for laundry machines. lots less weight, and no power-water concerns.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
OLDROADDOG wrote:

Anything is possible. But, IMO, in most Class C's, you'll be pushing your weight and balance limits, space limits, fresh water storage limits, grey/black water storage limits, and a few other things I cant think of right now.

But hey, if ya gotta have it, it can be done. In most cases you'll just have to decide "what you don't want" so you can have the washer/dryer. If you don't regularly boon dock, it will be less of an issue.

Super C's excepted.

Chum lee

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
The Leprechaun 311 comes with the hookups if you are asking about new units set up for them.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Never seen one in a C. Have in a Super C.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

js218
Explorer
Explorer
I have them in my rig but it's a SuperC.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim