cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdoor Speaker Replacement

ThomasFour
Explorer
Explorer
Many months ago I solicited input on this forum for ideas to replace the outdoor speakers on our 2008 toy hauler. The factory speakers had disintegrated and I was not interested in replacing them with more speakers. I was looking for something else to fill the 5+" round holes. I was not interested in loud outdoor music anyway, and mostly listen to music via my cell phone around camp. We also have a Bluetooth speaker should we need it. Having received only sarcastic responses on the forum, I set about formulating my own plan, and I thought I would share the idea. I bought two 8" circles of frosted 1/4 acrylic plastic. I also purchased two 120mm LED halo lights. I used clear liquid adhesive to mount the halo lights behind the round acrylic circles. I used the existing speaker wires to run 12v to the LED halo lights. The project provides some interesting accent lighting as you can see in the photos below. Surely this is not for everyone, but since I am happy with the outcome I thought I would post the idea for others who might be interested. Happy camping!

5 REPLIES 5

lamopar
Explorer
Explorer
I like the idea. I don't have a mild mood light or marker light for some mild lighting outside where i sit. I only have the security lights which are flood lights and I can't use them when we are camped near someone else. Thanks for the tip!

ThomasFour
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all!

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Looks good great job! Sometimes sarcastic means they like you...…?
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Looks good, a great idea to fill the space! No sarcastic remarks about outdoor lighting, so must be okay.

Jerry

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks Pretty Cool to me....good use of empty space. Just thinking out loud but maybe having LED's that you can chose the color would have been interesting too!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)