cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

3d printed water fill adaptor

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
I use my 3d printer to create accessories and replacement parts. I designed a water fill adaptor so that the water hose wont keep falling out as I fill the fresh water tank. If you have a 3d printer, you can download the needed files from Thingiverse and and make one for yourself.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3406756
One beautiful wife
Mattie and Trooper the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 with 2008 Lance 1181
2015 Jeep Wrangler toad w/ ReadyBrake/Brute
Web Site
91 REPLIES 91

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Wade44 wrote:
Seems like a lot of work for something that can be had and do the same thing for $6.50? But hobbies are hobbies.

FUNNEL

Not nearly the same thing. The funnel you referenced has to be held with one hand--and that leaves only one hand to pour.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer
Wade44 wrote:
Seems like a lot of work for something that can be had and do the same thing for $6.50? But hobbies are hobbies.

FUNNEL

I am not a fan of flexible funnels for this, they sometimes require 2 hands, pop out, or are just a hassle.

That funnel is also huge, my setup is about the size of my hand and can store on the rv.

Pro's and Con's to everything.

Wade44
Explorer
Explorer

FUNNEL
2018 Marathon H3-45
2019 GMC Sierra Denali (Toad)
2012 Grady White 271 Canyon

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer
well its finally done, this time it was the support design giving me trouble. but at least its finished, works great made the funnel a bit larger. wife used it and didn't spill either.

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
LittleBill wrote:
stove pipe it. extend your hose filler, put a t between the hose and the filler, add about 4 inches, then you can drop the pellets from above and let the water push it in.

ya that seams a heck of a lot easier than trying to shake a bunch of pellets in then wasing them down rince and repeat haha
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer
stove pipe it. extend your hose filler, put a t between the hose and the filler, add about 4 inches, then you can drop the pellets from above and let the water push it in.

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
LittleBill wrote:
Well,

Getting ready for the season. realized i need to sanitize the fresh water tank, realized what a pain that was last time, as I don't have a flexible funnel, so made some changes to the water adapter, and now its hands free pouring, and smaller then then a normal funnel that can go flinging bleach if you let go wrong. ( i always let go wrong).

Guess this will also work, for those who pour antifreeze in here for winterization.

some photo's (needed a slight angle adjustment. already fixed)

the funnel goes into the fill port on this design, to make sure it doesn't drip outside of the fill port

questions, comments let me know.

now thats handy. only problem is I use granular sanatizer, wonder if I could adapt it so the hose is still atached and what ever you put in the funnel just drops on the water sream and gets carried in... now you got me thinking I better finish the up grade on one printer so I can get the other working :B
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer
well just used it, even with it angled incorrectly, I didn't spill a drop, works great!

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer
Well,

Getting ready for the season. realized i need to sanitize the fresh water tank, realized what a pain that was last time, as I don't have a flexible funnel, so made some changes to the water adapter, and now its hands free pouring, and smaller then then a normal funnel that can go flinging bleach if you let go wrong. ( i always let go wrong).

Guess this will also work, for those who pour antifreeze in here for winterization.

some photo's (needed a slight angle adjustment. already fixed)

the funnel goes into the fill port on this design, to make sure it doesn't drip outside of the fill port

questions, comments let me know.

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Housted. Glad they worked out for you

Housted
Explorer III
Explorer III
They arrived today...no discernible difference on fit. I tried on an older 5th wheel and a newer class c motorhome. They both worked flawlessly on both water fill fittings. Both screwed onto a brass hose fitting perfectly.
Thanks, they are going to work well!!!
2019 Forrest River Forrester 3051S 2014 Honda CRV toad.
1000 W Solar, converted to 50 amp
400 Amps of LiFePO4,3000 Watt Inverter, Refer converted with JC refrigeration unit, Sofa replaced with 2 swivel chairs, over cab bed converted to TV mount and storage

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks,

I received an update. The part was tested on 2 different models, a older 5th wheel and a newer class c. I am told the fit was great, as such I guess the design is good.

If you are interested in one or two or three :C. Please PM me.

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer
Nice,

I am hoping to get an update by Monday, what year was your neighbors?

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
LittleBill
Your welcome,I finally had a chance to try this on a neighbors RV with a fill spout like mine and it fit just fine.Hopefully the ones you mailed out are having the same results as I have.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C