cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bakersfield to Albany Oregon?

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
With all of the snow, flooding & landslides, we are trying to decide if Hwy 20 to 101 & North is better or worse than I 5 through Yreka. We need to be in Albany on the 20th. We are pulling a 33’ fifth wheel & haven’t done snow...yet. What shape are 20 & 101 in after all this weather & the fires? Where do you stay this time of year taking the 20 route? We need electricity. Thanks in advance for your help!
3 REPLIES 3

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
I5. Leave yourself room for weather. Tripcheck will give you traffic/road cameras. If the roads are clear, go. If there is snow. Park in Redding and wait it out.

Rocky2
Explorer
Explorer
You can check road conditions for California and Oregon on line. One thing to remember is Oregon has a requirement to carry chains. If snow is not a factor in the Siskiyous, I5 will have fewer restrictions. 101 north of Eureka seems to always have lane restrictions.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Interstate 5 is much easier and much faster. North of the Yreka up to Medford is lumpy but the grades are much easier than the coastal route.

The Siskiyous are not that high. Waiting a few hours or a day can make a big difference.