cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about my fuse block

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
Hello. I have a question about the fuse block on my '88 Chevy P Chassis. I attached a picture of it. I am familiar with the fused circuits in the lower part of the block. The upper part does not have fuses showing. The wires just go into the block. I blew the fuse on one of those wires. How are those wires fused and where can I find the fuses? I traced the wire and there was no fuse on the wire itself. Thank you.

Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO
2 REPLIES 2

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
On older model Chevy fuse blocks, not just motorhomes, the upper connections are for added wiring circuits. Some are factory(Chevy) installed wires to the various 12 volt equipment and some are wires added by the Motorhome maker. The fuses for those connections will be one of the fuses in your pic. They had 2 types of wire connections. If you look at the top row with the 2 red and 1 yellow, you will see a snap connect that locks the wire to the fuse block. THAT is a Chevy run wire. The others below are just plain flat spade terminals that plug into the teeth of the fuse block and those wires were added by the Motorhome maker. Doug

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
The upper ones are shunts from the below ones. Looking at the picture the left side there should be a shunt for the last fuse up and maybe next to it for the middle one also a shunt. Will send a picture if I can find one .