cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Possible???

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
Is a Mexican plated truck allowed to pull a USA travel trailer with a TIP?
6 REPLIES 6

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Playaboy, since your friend left the trailer behind (with its ten-year permit) and such trailer is tied to his truck in Mexico's computers, all he would need to do is come and get the trailer with the same truck he brought the trailer across the border with.

You seem not to be the one with a problem; he is the one with the problem.

Your truck with Mexican plates is not tied to his problem unless you want it to be by towing the trailer with your truck. Hope he has not dumped this all in your lap; in that instance, I would just simply walk away with your truck.

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
navegator wrote:
Sr: playaboy in answer to your last post

No you can not move the trailer, although it has the 10 year permit, the owner needs to be with the unit when transiting on streets or roads, unless you have a FMM and you obtain a writen permit from the owner stating that you are allowed to use it and carry the original papers or a copy, and that is very iffy and depends on the individual cop and how much mordida is requiered.

Posibility of the unit being confiscated is 99.95% if you do not have a tourist visa, the unit could be considered stolen and that is the end of that, unless you have suficiente dinero, mogoya, pancholares, etc.

If not then ask the police officer......de a cuanto es el refresco?

He will mention how much the soda costs

Thaat is not a bribe, you are buying the sodas.

navegator

That is a pretty definitive answer. Gracias

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Sr: playaboy in answer to your last post

No you can not move the trailer, although it has the 10 year permit, the owner needs to be with the unit when transiting on streets or roads, unless you have a FMM and you obtain a writen permit from the owner stating that you are allowed to use it and carry the original papers or a copy, and that is very iffy and depends on the individual cop and how much mordida is requiered.

Posibility of the unit being confiscated is 99.95% if you do not have a tourist visa, the unit could be considered stolen and that is the end of that, unless you have suficiente dinero, mogoya, pancholares, etc.

If not then ask the police officer......de a cuanto es el refresco?

He will mention how much the soda costs

Thaat is not a bribe, you are buying the sodas.

navegator

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
I am the owner (RP) and driver of the Mexican plated truck. The RV trailer has a 10 year permit (the original truck that pulled the trailer down is long gone), with all the proper paperwork, and is in Mexico. The trailer owner will not be with me.

Am I allowed to pull the trailer and use it for RV'ing?

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Who is driving the Mexican truck? If it is not a person with an FMM you cannot drive it in Mexico and cannot get a TIP A Mexican plated vehicle is not eligible for a TIP and a trailer by itself probably canot get a TIP. Nor can a person who does not have an FMM get the TIP on the trailer. I would not try.They would be worried the trailer would be kept in Mexico. However I think you can get the trailer permanently imported if you have a RP. Sure is complicated

Moisheh

Talleyho69
Here are our thoughts: A permanent or temporary resident can't have a TIP. A person with an FMM can get one. Why couldn't you have a friend with you who owns the trailer and got a TIP for it, and you simply provided the truck, which is already legal? That is if you got questioned. However if you did get questioned and you didn't have the correct paperwork you have a lot to lose.

Chris should know.