cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goals

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like I need to upgrade. I wouldn’t do it with my RAM. Must be a Ford thing.

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010
28 REPLIES 28

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
If it's a fake, the guy spent a lot of time getting it right. Heck you can even see the reflection of the truck top and hood on the underside of the boat hull. The boat tongue support is going to be a straight line down from the tongue, any other way just wouldn't work. Nah, I think it's legit.

ONLY thing odd to me is the landing gear being down on the front, BUT maybe he just wanted to level the RV??? I have don't this many times while being connected.
I blew it way up and I don't think his landing gear is all the way down. It's down farther than I would feel comfortable with, but I don't think it's down all the way. At least it looks that way to me. But I've been wrong before.

I think you are correct SIR. That is actually possible because that era of landing gear has a problem with drifting down.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
If it's a fake, the guy spent a lot of time getting it right. Heck you can even see the reflection of the truck top and hood on the underside of the boat hull. The boat tongue support is going to be a straight line down from the tongue, any other way just wouldn't work. Nah, I think it's legit.

ONLY thing odd to me is the landing gear being down on the front, BUT maybe he just wanted to level the RV??? I have don't this many times while being connected.
I blew it way up and I don't think his landing gear is all the way down. It's down farther than I would feel comfortable with, but I don't think it's down all the way. At least it looks that way to me. But I've been wrong before.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
WTP-GC wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"Short of the OP taking the picture himself, I will refuse to believe this picture is real."

IMHO It's real! Why wouldn't it be???

Measure on your screen from bottom of front tire to top or cab on a pc of paper, now raise that up and its the same height from top of cab to top of boat. That would put you at around 13'. Straight line across top of RV to top of boat aligns.

Nothing is more obvious than the boat tongue support down to the frame being an obvious line drawin by a computer. Photo editing software can add shadows. But the truck mirror shadow would indicate that the sun is in the 1-2 o'clock position, but the other shadows should suggest that the sun is in the 10-11 o'clock position. It is a hacked photo...guaranteed.

Even "IF" it's hacked it still could be a real combination.

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"Short of the OP taking the picture himself, I will refuse to believe this picture is real."

Measure on your screen from bottom of front tire to top or cab on a pc of paper, now raise that up and its the same height from top of cab to top of boat. That would put you at around 13'. Straight line across top of RV to top of boat aligns.

Nothing is more obvious than the boat tongue support down to the frame being an obvious line drawin by a computer. Photo editing software can add shadows. But the truck mirror shadow would indicate that the sun is in the 1-2 o'clock position, but the other shadows should suggest that the sun is in the 10-11 o'clock position. It is a hacked photo...guaranteed.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Shadows seem right, boat trailer wheels angle aligns with front of truck, shadow on dolly from tires is about right, as is the 5er, the only one questionable is the overbed area of the 5er, doesnt appear to throw a shadow, and landing gear is nearly, if not totally down.

I would like to see how the boat trailer handles a semi passing, that tongue and the vertical from the front hitch would get wobbly without guy wires I would think, unless its some really beefy stuff.

It would also be really interesting to watch a cop try to figure out how to write this one up. Where do you start?

Edit add,,,
I wonder if every time he pulls out of a parking area he rolls the window down and yells,,,
HEY YALL WATCH THIS

Around here, when you hear that, something bad usually follows.

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
I think that is a legit photo. The shadows of the load all line up, I could only imagine getting pulled over with that. You would be there all day.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:
I think he probably could have gotten by with a SRW one ton.

Mike

Or a beefed up 3/4 w/ air bags and tires!!
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

rhagfo
Explorer
Explorer
Bionic Man wrote:
Looks like I need to upgrade. I wouldn’t do it with my RAM. Must be a Ford thing.

Well over length for sure! I also wonder about the height of boats bow, looks to be taller than the 5er. The safety hitch is a frame extension, so first towed is the 5er.

Crazy to say the least!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think he probably could have gotten by with a SRW one ton.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Or as an acquaintance of mine used to say, there is a fine line between keen and dumb.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
Looks totally photoshopped. The piece supporting the tongue looks a lot smaller than would be needed and it has no lateral bracing. The bow of the boat also looks to be much higher than the 5th wheel trailer, and those are usually close to max legal height.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3