cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any regrets after becoming a full timer?

precioustime
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have experienced rv camping for about 15 years. Been all over the US except 2 states. Had a tent, Pop Up, Class B, Class C and now a 34' Class A. Both retired and in good shape, 70 and 80 years old. Would sell our present paid off home to be a full timer. Longest trip taken was from Miami to Alaska. It was a 3 month trip. happy to get back home. Any suggestions? Any advise? Good move?
4 REPLIES 4

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
No regrets but particularly at your age, I would want a good exit strategy. Realistically, if you get 10yrs before physically having to give it up, you beat the odds by a good margin.

In terms of having to get home after trips an feeling worn down...It's a different mindset...if you are feeling worn out, SLOW DOWN...it's OK to have a down day or three. You don't have to be anywhere any time.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Fulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
My only regret was that I quit Fulltiming too soon.
Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog

2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
We have no regrets about this lifestyle choice and hope to continue it for years to come. We love being in different locations and meeting new people. Weโ€™ve been full-timing for 5 years now, but we do not consider this โ€campingโ€ - we just take our home with us. Our goal was to spend more time touring the USA in depth than weโ€™d been able to over the working years. With our 42.5โ€™ TH, we donโ€™t get into many state or national parks, but mostly stay in RV parks/resorts then see the local sites from there. We may spend a week or a month in a venue touring that area before moving on, and to date have been in all the lower 48 except the West Coast which well do this year.

Good luck!
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
While I am not a full timer a You Tube channel I follow has a series about full timing and the link to this video sort of asks your question by asking several fulltimers what they miss about stick and bricks. It's a good series I think for those thinking about full timing

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel