cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2004 Winnebago Sightseer Hood Lock Frustration

flasteve1957
Explorer
Explorer
I am a newbie, had our rig for 3 weeks now. Although I watched the guy I bought it from open the hood easily, that was 3 weeks ago. I went to do it today myself. Easier said than done. Counterclockwise unlocks it, and then out and up. Cant budge it, and now there is a 1/4 inch gap at the top that I can't get back in place to seal it correctly. Although I can still lock it. I was told not to try and pry it, I did , only a little not enough to cause any bending breaking of the fiberglass etc. I will easily listen to reason, being 61 years od age.

Thanks,
Steve
4 REPLIES 4

flasteve1957
Explorer
Explorer
I wasn't concerned with theft, just cinching the hood at the top where there is a gap. The scissor mechanism is not perfect I realize, I just thought the elements will get in it if its 1/4 to 1/2 inch from butting up to it.

eadeal55
Explorer
Explorer
14 years, never locked my hood. I've got a key for the barrel locks somewhere, but why bother. Only thing worth stealing under the hood is a $200 battery, and someone will tear up $1000 worth of hood and grill to get to it if the hood is locked.
Andy & Lee + Molly, the 4 lb Chihuahua
2020 Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW...towing a
2007 Chevy HHR LT2 w/2.4L EcoTec,
Blue Ox Aventa LX, Brake Buddy Classic
FMCA #F359977 - Colonial Virginians, Past President 2012-14, 2018

Y-Guy
Steve,

I have an 07, mine uses the barrel type of key for the hood. I use the key itself to pull the hood open by angling it up or down a bit. If it's like my hood there are a couple of "feet" that help to stop so it's flush with the front of the Coach. But there isn't a lot of adjustment to address the spacing around the edges. Here are a couple links to photos of mine so you can see what mine looks like. The second photo shows the gap at the top better.

Hoo2 Photo 1
Hood Photo 2

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
on mine one lock goes one way the other goes the other was you may have to push down on the hood also.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide