cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Novi MI. MARVAC RV show

et2
Explorer
Explorer
We went to the RV show today. It was real busy. Lots of people and the dealers looked busy in the finance area's. Ton's of travel trailers and fifth wheels with a price point for just about anyone's budget.

Had to laugh at the big multi slide heavy fifth wheels with a sign on the rig that showed a normal looking pick up truck claiming " I can tow this". LOL, many of us have seen and heard the results of that.

LED lights seem to be the new thing on awnings, lighted manufactures badges on the side. Travel trailers with porches that fold out of the sides. Some fivers with lofts ( really tall).

I always enjoy looking at the small retro travel trailers. They're interesting and seems like a few spin offs into real modern ones too, with molded windows that curve around the sides as one piece.

What really struck me as odd was the lack of class A diesel Motorhomes compared to other years. There were some but noticeable fewer. I know the market for travel trailers and fifth wheels is much larger. Just curious if the market for big class A diesel pushers is softening. Maybe due to the rise in interest rates over the last year or so.

Quite a few variety of vendors as well.
4 REPLIES 4

tyoungs
Explorer
Explorer
The fall show had lots more high end class A's. Buddy of mine sells for General RV and he said fall show is to catch the snowbirds befor they head out and has higher end stuff. Winter show is more for those who had to stick around and work and are looking for next summer's rig so more trailers and fifth wheels.
Tom & Mary plus Lilli the Havanese
2017 Entegra Aspire 44B,
450 Cummins, Spartan K2
HRRVC #106803
2017 Buick Enclave toad:)
RV.NET Rallies attended - 6

et2
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
et2 wrote:
We went to the RV show today. It was real busy. Lots of people and the dealers looked busy in the finance area's. Ton's of travel trailers and fifth wheels with a price point for just about anyone's budget.

I haven't been in a few years because last time it was all very high end Class A's and 5th wheels. Not much of anything else.

This year would not disappoint you then.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
et2 wrote:

I haven't been in a few years because last time it was all very high end Class A's and 5th wheels. Not much of anything else.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
One of the things I would like to see is high-end class A's but they never seem to bring them.