cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A Class bunk floor plan help

shinglers3
Explorer
Explorer
My family is currently searching for a used A class, preferably no more than 10 years old. We are looking for bunks and most seem to have a similar layout with the bunks in the "hall" across from the bathroom. We came across this layout and are wondering if there are any others with a similar bunk room. Thanks

https://www.rvt.com/National-RV-Surf-Side-34-Bunk-2007-Pollocksville-NC-ID8495246-UX300842
8 REPLIES 8

shinglers3
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, time is flying! We take a 3 week (or so) road trip every summer for the past couple years, it's the absolute best family time we have. There are no distractions, so many memories, and new friends made around the country. It's worth every penny of the cost of ownership. We are hoping the A class opens up even more opportunities to "hit the road".

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
shinglers3 wrote:
Thanks all for the reply. We completely understand the separation requirement, our 5er is great for that with the bunks all the way in the back, but the **** thing still rocks. We actually prefer the newer models with the nice drop down bunks up front, that come down far enough to hit the seats. But, our 15 year old daughter really wants her own space. The National design gave her that versus being in a hall.

Anyway, we just found a Newmar locally and even though the bunks are in the "hall", it's a nice unit, we all liked the layout and finish, so we plan to purchase it. This one will (fingers crossed) last us until she doesn't want to, or can't because or work, travel with us anymore. That makes me sad even typing it.

Just think about it like this "All set for the GrandKids:)" It will happen sooner than you think, Too soon if you ask Me. Kids and then GrandKids all grow up TOO FAST -- Oh but the Fun you can have and the Memories you can Make.

The stories and the Memories just get Better every Year:)

Just My Humble Opinion:)
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

shinglers3
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for the reply. We completely understand the separation requirement, our 5er is great for that with the bunks all the way in the back, but the **** thing still rocks. We actually prefer the newer models with the nice drop down bunks up front, that come down far enough to hit the seats. But, our 15 year old daughter really wants her own space. The National design gave her that versus being in a hall.

Anyway, we just found a Newmar locally and even though the bunks are in the "hall", it's a nice unit, we all liked the layout and finish, so we plan to purchase it. This one will (fingers crossed) last us until she doesn't want to, or can't because or work, travel with us anymore. That makes me sad even typing it.

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Newmar Allstar series in your age range
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
shinglers3 wrote:
My family is currently searching for a used A class, preferably no more than 10 years old. We are looking for bunks and most seem to have a similar layout with the bunks in the "hall" across from the bathroom. We came across this layout and are wondering if there are any others with a similar bunk room. Thanks

https://www.rvt.com/National-RV-Surf-Side-34-Bunk-2007-Pollocksville-NC-ID8495246-UX300842

Winny 31 should do all you need

A lot of people in a 31 Coach, IMHO well thought out and no Wasted Space.

BOL,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we bought our Class A, bunks in a Class A were not common at all. Shortly thereafter, almost every manufacturer had them. Almost all very similar. There was only ONE bunk arrangment that I might have considered IF I were buying. I forgot the manufacturer, but they put the bunks on the OTHER SIDE of the bathroom than the floorplan you show. That is, towards the living area. And I believe it WAS a gasser model too. And if I'm not mistaken, one of the manufacturers with a better reputation. But sorry, I don't remember which one. I think it came out late 2000's or so. But I never saw one in person.

My reason against 99% of the bunkhouse models is I didn't want "tender ears" a paper thin wall away from the "mommy & daddy" space. One thing, quite unexpected to me when we were looking, was wifey's shall we say "friskyness" when we were out on vacation and she could relax. The model I was mentioning above had lots of separation between the adults & the kids. With the A/C's or heatstrips/furnace running, there was very good sound isolation between the spaces.

Our rig has the dual sofas up front and along with the dinette, this floorplan has met our needs throughout all of these years. I prefer the idea of having more dedicated living space than sleeping space for the kids. The kids had no problem with it either. Even now, when they're in the later teens, it still works out. But dual sofas in a gas class A are pretty rare nowadays too. So....I guess my next rig will have to be a big ol' DP! LOL

Good Luck in your search.

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

Katman1100
Explorer
Explorer
I recently bought a class a bunkhouse as well and saw that floorplan you are looking at as well. I never saw one in person but was very intrigued by it. It seems like it would work well, I was a little concerned about passenger seating room with the counter right behind the seat. I would be interested in your thoughts if you ever see one in person.

I ended up with a newmar baystar 3304 which had the bunks on the side. One thing I didn't realize but really appreciate is that in this model the head of the bed slides out with windows on each side which allows us to to have fresh air more often. Otherwise I think alot of time we would run the air not for temperature, but because it would be stuffy, if that is important to you. Good luck in your search.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Did you check PPL Motorhomes?

They show the floor plan on their ads. You can get an idea of what is available.