cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unite Explore 815S died

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
A little disappointing because it is only 6 months old but it dropped out on me a few times today and then I realized it was disconnected and I noticed the yellow light instead of flashing blue. I tried rebooting but it just keeps restarting and never gets to the home screen. It does the same thing without without the SIM card. So I dusted off the Mobley, put in the SIM card and plugged it in and I'm back online. Hopefully I won't get the update and be affected by the timeout. I had already changed the SIM PIN so they can't muck with that.

Looking for anyone who has used a different mobile hotspot that they like.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36
3 REPLIES 3

MrWizard
Since he already changed the pin on his SIM
The Mobley update can only mess the timer function on the Mobley etc..
His SIM will still be useable in whichever new hotspot he gets

My 815s is still working great, I'm using it right now
Although it seems to bog down at night and I switch over using my phone hot spot, I think it is the local AT&T tower getting too much traffic at night, so I switch to the Verizon phone
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine is going strong since last Winter without issues. Plugging the SIM back into the Mobley "could be" a mistake as there are reports that it will get an unwanted software update.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I've only had my refurbished 815S for about 4 months, but no problems so far. I did keep the 770S I was previously using with my Mobley SIM though, so I do have that to fall back on if needed. For an 815S replacement, the Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot seems to get pretty good reviews.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate