Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomas Payne, Rec Pro, or Best Furniture

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all

Question for anyone that has any of the above brands of theater seating, recliners,
or love seats....

Can you please comment on how the material is holding up, problems you might have had, and comfort.

Hubby is 6’ 230 lb and I am 5’4” 120 lb. it’s difficult to find something that works for both of us. Want theater seating. Not separate recliners.

Read some threads on the Thomas Payne material flaking after a few years.

Appreciate your experiences.

Thanks!
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us
28 REPLIES 28

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Not positive of the brand but this in in our Full Time of 3.5 years MobileSuites. This just started about 4 months ago.

Replaced couch/hide a bed and theater seating with Stanton. They are a family business in Portland, OR area. Lot's of sizes and materials to choose from. Great pricing and quality.

One year now and really impressed. Nice thick mattress that is comfortable.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Islajack
Explorer
Explorer
When I wanted to buy furniture for my dining Room, I search a lot, and found some sites, because I wanted to buy at reasonable rates, because I didn't buy from online before, so I have got my furniture through https://www.reecoupons.com/view/furngo, and it was a really good experience.

jeremy_kirby
Explorer
Explorer
Acdii wrote:
I'm in the process of replacing the jackknife in our Coleman that has 10" of arms that are fixed with one that has no arms. It is a RecPro, and hope it does it's job and lasts. Just from what I can feel of the material in the package, it feels nice and comfy, so will see. If anything we gained an extra foot Plus the added width. Overall it is 2 inches wider.

Sorry if I missed this, but do you have any updates, Acdii?
Been thinking about replacing one of our sofas with two recliners so I'm looking for any comments on RecPro durability.
Wife has been thinking about getting Charles 28" RV Euro. But I'm afraid these could be hard to operate (not to mention possible tension problems).

Acdii
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in the process of replacing the jackknife in our Coleman that has 10" of arms that are fixed with one that has no arms. It is a RecPro, and hope it does it's job and lasts. Just from what I can feel of the material in the package, it feels nice and comfy, so will see. If anything we gained an extra foot Plus the added width. Overall it is 2 inches wider.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. We have a 2000w psw inverter, plus plenty of solar, so we’re good.

The power was fully tested in 2018.

This is a replacement for a mistake I made on power theater seating last year :S
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Nutinelse2do wrote:
Ouch to the above pic.

Decided TP and Rec Pro concern me a slight bit.

Thank you all so much for your responses.

Decided to go with the Best 3 way power theater seating.

Sat in the 2018 model at the Q RV show, and decided to pull the trigger.

The awesome part is we don’t have to take it if we’re not happy. Ordered the 2019 model in apparently, a very popular color and configuration, so, if it’s not comfy before it goes in the coach,
they will happily keep it for someone else.

Huge shout out and thank you to Josh at Countryside RV Interiors in Junction City, Or.

Great, family owned establishment, with amazing customer service.

Will report back in April

Thank you all again

Nice choice. Not sure if you dry camp much but Best has a back up battery pack that retails for a round $100. We had one when we had a theater sofa in our 5er. IIRC it's good for 50 uses.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Ouch to the above pic.

Decided TP and Rec Pro concern me a slight bit.

Thank you all so much for your responses.

Decided to go with the Best 3 way power theater seating.

Sat in the 2018 model at the Q RV show, and decided to pull the trigger.

The awesome part is we don’t have to take it if we’re not happy. Ordered the 2019 model in apparently, a very popular color and configuration, so, if it’s not comfy before it goes in the coach,
they will happily keep it for someone else.

Huge shout out and thank you to Josh at Countryside RV Interiors in Junction City, Or.

Great, family owned establishment, with amazing customer service.

Will report back in April

Thank you all again
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not positive of the brand but this in in our Full Time of 3.5 years MobileSuites. This just started about 4 months ago.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure why anyone would buy Thomas PITA furniture after reading about possible peeling, failing power controls, etc. But then again we still buy RV's with all the trouble they have.

Belting_1313
Explorer
Explorer
I bought the RecPro. Dual recliner theater seats about a year ago and have had no trouble with them. We are full timers so they get used every day and they are holding up good.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd forget Thomas Payne because it's a Lippert product. We removed our Lippert jacknife sofa to install a double recliner and couldn't believe how cheaply and poorly it was made. Total Garbage.

We installed a Lambright power double recliner made by Harrison. Excellent quality, very well made and very comfortable. We use the power recline feature a lot and was worth the extra $$. Lambright is available from a few dealers around the US including Brad & Hall. Lambright recliners are true wall huggers. They have a range of different styles and dimensions of RV furniture.

Lambright isn't the cheapest but you get what you pay for. Recpro isn't the greatest quality and we read some bad reviews before.

js218
Explorer
Explorer
When my rig was being built I had Bassett leather sofas and recliners installed
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

GKAbbott
Explorer
Explorer
Our Keystone Montana came with the Thomas Payne recliners/theater seating. Both of the cables that release the recliner mechanism broke within two years. Repairing the broken cables is a PIA. We may use our camper more than others, 200 days per year or so. The cup holders are only large enough for a 12 oz.can with a thin koozie. My Tervis cup wouldn't fit. We replaced them with Lazy Boy recliners.

AdamEOsborn
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a recliner from Lane Home furnitures from this furniture store in Calgary last year for my kid. It is soft grey fabric and can be easily cleaned using a damp cloth. My son is very naughty and the fact that it still is holding up the way it was is surprising. 😄