cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SunnyBrook titan 31BWKS

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone own a SunnyBrook titan 31BWKS ? We are possibly looking at purchasing a used 2007. Any pros and cons with this brand?
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker
9 REPLIES 9

packnrat
Explorer
Explorer
mine is only a 25 footer. built in 2001. and has been a good unit for me all these years.
sure a couple small problems, but nothing to worry about. far less trouble or problems then any of the new built these days.
2006 F250 4X4 auto 6.0 short bed
2001 sunnybrook 24 ft
1984 cj7 built up a bit
kg6tgu
never too many toys, just not enought room to keep them
one dog who belives she is the master. rip 12 12 2007
12 loving years and loyal to the end.
just out having fun

JRMunn
Explorer
Explorer
My experience is a little different, and I can point out some potential problems. A little more than a year ago, I got my father's 2004 Sunnybrook Titan 28RLKS (with bed, living, and kitchen slide-outs). It appears to have a similar layout, but the 2007 31BWKS has a larger and nicer bathroom set up. My father was a long-time RV owner who bought the Sunnybrook in 2007. He was very impressed by the heavy duty undercarriage, but did not get to use it much because of my mother's health. So the trailer sat for at least 10 years with very little wear or maintenance. Although winters were not extremely cold, I am sure it experienced a few freezing events with water in the system.

I have little experience with travel trailers and have had much to learn. However, I can tell from comments on this forum that the Sunnybrook trailer is very well built. I have had some problems with water. The HWH tank's outlet and inlet leaked, and it was hard to find washers and nipples with inside beveling to seat them. But there was no apparent damage to plywood that got wet. One of the main tanks leaked (probably fresh water, but no one can remember) and was repaired. Now, the fresh water tank has a slow leak when filled above full. This drips through the sealed underbelly near the tires. When it rains hard enough, there are occasional small roof leaks where the rear cap connects with the roof and at the AC cut-out. Other than this, the 15 years-old roof seems to be in good shape. I hope roof leaks can be fixed with eternabond tape applied when I get to cleaning and re-painting.

My biggest problem has been mice. They are somehow getting into the underbelly, and oversized cut-outs for drains and wiring lets them into the living area, most drawers and cabinets, walls, and the ceiling. While old top gaskets along slide-outs let mice directly into the living area. I seem to have stopped them from getting into drawers, cabinets, and living space with much use of hardware cloth, stainless steel scrubber material, and new top-gaskets (which makes the trailer useable for my wife). But mice are still finding a way into the underbelly. My trailer is parked in a field where external control is not practical.

The trailer is heavy for its size. The 6.7 liter Cummins diesel engine in my 2008 Dodge 2500 heavy duty pickup has plenty of pulling power, but the trailer is very close to the limit of what the truck's rear axel should be carrying. And short bed turning and side-rail clearance lead to problems with a regular hitch. The trailer seems to track and stop fine, and handles much better than stock trailers I have used. I replaced the old, cracked load range E tires with load range G, but am worried about how much air pressure the wheels can take.

My Sunnybrook was built during the transition from analog to digital. The flat screen CRT television works fine with a converter box, but I can't find codes to operate the TV with the converter remote. It doesn't have modern electronics - although I am glad that the music center plays my old cassette tapes. On my trailer, the landing gear and slide-outs are operated by electric motors and gears. They have been very reliable, and I don't need to think about hydraulics. Overall, it seems to be a very well built trailer and I am hoping for many years of service with just regular maintenance.

JRMunn

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
They are very well built. I've had three and all have been great. My current one already had 16" wheels so it was ready for LT tires after the STs popped. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info.

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice units, and looks like 15k gross weight on the one I saw.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
The Titan line of Sunnybrooks were the top of the line for that manufacturer. They are an exceptionally well built trailer with aluminum house frame (one of the first to do this) true gel coat sides and end caps, and very nice upscale interior decor and furnishings. They were a fairly expensive line of trailers when new.

Ours, although not a 5er, is going on 15 years old and still looks almost like new. It was, until this year, used all year long and we spent three to 5 months every winter in it plus using it during the summer months. Now it sits permanently in my son's family campground where we will use it as our "summer place" until we no longer can and then it will belong to my son to do with as he wishes.

It is a very comfortable well built trailer that towed very well. In all the years we have had it, it has never been in a repair shop or had anything major go wrong with it. We have, of course maintained it well and have had to replace the refrigerator three years ago. Everything else, other than tires, is as it left the factory many years ago.

I don't think you can go wrong if you find a good Sunnybrook Titan trailer that has been maintained well. Good luck on your search an purchase.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
For a 2007 model year....it's now going to be all about condition - how it was maintained, how it was stored, ANY evidence of leaks, all components and systems working, etc...
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
jkwilson wrote:
Just be aware they are no longer produced. Winnebago purchased the brand, but doesn't make anything.

Not a huge deal since most parts and systems are made by other companies anyway.

Yeah, from what I have been reading online it seems like they were built pretty good up until Winnebago took over. There seems to be good reviews on them.

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just be aware they are no longer produced. Winnebago purchased the brand, but doesn't make anything.

Not a huge deal since most parts and systems are made by other companies anyway.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73