cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Prodigy P2 Brake Controller Trouble Code

TKW
Explorer
Explorer
It's snowing today at the wet coast. Chances are the snow and road salt mess up the wiring.

While I was parking my truck (no TT in tow), I noticed the controller display was flashing alternatively P.L. & n.c. I looked it up and it was power interrupted while braking and no connection. And 2 LED lights remains on after ignition turned off which I don't believe it's normal. After a few minutes, I unplugged the controller to avoid further damage.

Anybody has this experience?
2002 Chevy 1500HD Crew Cab, 6.0l
2013 Timber Ridge 240RBS
Prodigy Brake Controller
7 REPLIES 7

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Boomerweps wrote:
I get the NC every time I start my vehicle. I think it eventually goes out after a while.

Yes, that's how mine works too.
Also, after I turn the truck off the two little dots illuminate for about 10 minutes.
Both are normal operation.

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
I get the NC every time I start my vehicle. I think it eventually goes out after a while.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
X3. And if you still can't figure it out, call Tekonsha. The Prodigy has a lifetime warranty. While they may or may not replace it, they will help you troubleshoot the issue.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
The controller is shorting across the umbilical posts due to water inside the connector, most likely. I had my P2 exhibit similar codes when I was disconnected from trailer and a load of icy salt-snow mix around the truck's connector. A full dose of WD 40 cured everything. I followed that up with a spray dose of Caig Deoxit to remove any rust or oxidation.

X2
John & Gloria
South West, Florida
2009 Leisure Travel Serenity

westend
Explorer
Explorer
The controller is shorting across the umbilical posts due to water inside the connector, most likely. I had my P2 exhibit similar codes when I was disconnected from trailer and a load of icy salt-snow mix around the truck's connector. A full dose of WD 40 cured everything. I followed that up with a spray dose of Caig Deoxit to remove any rust or oxidation.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

TKW
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you newman fulltimer! I will check on the battery tomorrow. I believe it has been disconnected by my mechanic for some time earlier today to replace the power steering pump. Not sure why. I just guessed this from the missing time from the clock.
2002 Chevy 1500HD Crew Cab, 6.0l
2013 Timber Ridge 240RBS
Prodigy Brake Controller

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
A few causes 1 if you jumped anything or your batt is going bad 2 plug it into a trailer if it does not change then use a tester if it still has no change then the unit got damaged or the charge or output wire to the trailer is bad