cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Televisions don't work...need advice

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
Both t.v.'s quit working at the same time. Appeared to me to be a tripped circuit breaker. So, I looked and no breaker was visually tripped. Just in case, I opened and reclosed all the breakers but t.v.'s still off. They are the only things off...all other electrical areas work. I can't see where each of the two t.v.'s are 'plugged in'. The one in the front is the type that comes up out of the counter. The one in the bedroom is apparently plugged in inside the wall area. In short, can't locate receptacles. I hope one of you readers can clue me in to a possible problem - location - (fix). Short of that...as much as I hesitate... back to CW.
2017 Winnebago Sunstar (gas)
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake
27 REPLIES 27

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
Here's an update on the "out t.v.'s": The problem was (as suspected by most) the inverter. Found and reset the inverter's GFI type button and all connected to the inverter are now working. Thanks to all for your comments.
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would call a mobile rv repair before CW. JMO
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
What make and model is this inverter.. YOu may find a 2nd button somewhere (either on the same end as the GFCI or on the other end. a push button to reset breaker.. This is what I have on my Freedom-2000 (Though in my case the installed breaker is N/C if you have teh GFCI it would be)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
By the way: Thanks Doug and others who tried to walk me through the process.
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
OP Update: Found the inverter in a basement compartment. But, hard to get to due to a metal housing surrounding the unit. However, there is receptacle on the face of the inverter very similar to a GFI receptacle with a reset button. I was able to reach the button and pushed it in (several times) but each time no change...tv's still dead. The problem, I suppose, is with the inverter? I guess it's time to give up and let CW trace down the problem.
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The Winne manual clearly states the Inverter is in an outside Storage compartment. Doug

23hotrodr
Explorer
Explorer
It should be in an outside compartment nest to the batteries. Many winne's have it in the compartment just behind the steps and mounted to the top front of the compartment. It could be forward of the steps also, but will be near the batteries.

If you are connected to shore power, power should pass through the inverter and is controlled by a circuit breaker in your main 120 volt main breaker panel. Good luck-- Mick
2007 Itasca Suncruiser 35L
2000 Jeep Wrangler

MrWizard
Try curbside/passenger side, rear storage compartment
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
Do you have the OWNERS MANUAL for your RV? That manual from Winne is VERY complete and even shows a Pic of the Inverter. The pic shows the GFCI ON the front of the Inverter and the button you push to reset it. Doug

PS, the remote Inverter panel is not even close to the actual Inverter.

Doug, I do have manuals and, yes, they are detailed. The remote control panel is right below the other controls but I have no idea where the inverter is located. The manuals do not provide that information.
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
When you find the inverter, most likely you won't see something that looks like a breaker, more like a reset button. On mine it's really small and recessed. Look for a small round button that you push...my money is on the inverter...That said, is the key OFF??? ....Dennis

Dennis, the key is off. Neither t.v. is viewable by the driver thus no need for ignition control. Re: the inverter. I agree that that's where the problem lies but I have no idea where it's located. Would it possibly require removing a panel (which I will not do) to access. If so, that would seem a bit odd.
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
ItsyRV wrote:
You did not list your specific model number, so here's the link to Winnebago's electrical wiring diagram for all motorhomes they ever manufactured. Click on your year followed by specific model. Look on the list and select the TV Wiring diagram. Start there. If you need more info on other wiring, just select the diagram that corresponds to your need.

Winnebago wiring diagrams

Thanks! Good information. But, not being an electrical engineer, not of much help. I'm to a point of taking it to CW and let their technician figure it out. But, again thanks...
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Do you have the OWNERS MANUAL for your RV? That manual from Winne is VERY complete and even shows a Pic of the Inverter. The pic shows the GFCI ON the front of the Inverter and the button you push to reset it. Doug

PS, the remote Inverter panel is not even close to the actual Inverter.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
When you find the inverter, most likely you won't see something that looks like a breaker, more like a reset button. On mine it's really small and recessed. Look for a small round button that you push...my money is on the inverter...That said, is the key OFF??? ....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would seriously NOT suspect GFCI first on TV's

I would suspect an inverter.. In fact I have a 2nd breaker box (For the inverter) one of those feeds the TV's. and this computer.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times