cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Children Friendly Campgrounds Near Yuma, AZ

busterbrown73
Explorer
Explorer
We're coming to Yuma during the last week of March. I know that a large majority of RV campgrounds and resorts in the southwest part of Arizona are +55 properties and won't cater to younger families. Anyone know of a campground with electricity in the Yuma area that will reserve to a family for about 5 days? It's becoming more difficult than I thought. Dispersed camping is not an option. Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Shangri-la RV resort in Yuma.

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try Blue Sky Resort on S. Frontage RD. Their website says "No age Restrictions". We have friends in there and we do see kids from time to time. And by that time many will have headed north to wait out snow. If I can be of more help just PM me.
http://blueskyyuma.com/

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
If you use Facebook, you might try asking this on the "Fulltime Families" group. Lots of families go a lot of places and will be more in tune with what's available.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Check the RV Parky app, several campgrounds listed in and around Yuma that should meet your need.
2010 Suncruiser

Skyberg01
Explorer
Explorer
Cocopah RV and Golf Resort.

busterbrown73
Explorer
Explorer
jkwilson wrote:
I'd suggest you contact the visitor information center and ask them if they know of a place.

Do you have a need to be in Yuma or can you look elsewhere? I know there is a place in Blythe, but have never stayed there. I used to work out there quite a bit and a guy I worked with from San Diego brought an RV and his family came to stay with him at Blythe regularly.

Thanks for the info. We really need to be close to Yuma. ....at least within 15 miles or so. I may just have to call campgrounds and see how strict their senior policy is towards the end of the snow bird season. Hope we get a little lucky.

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd suggest you contact the visitor information center and ask them if they know of a place.

Do you have a need to be in Yuma or can you look elsewhere? I know there is a place in Blythe, but have never stayed there. I used to work out there quite a bit and a guy I worked with from San Diego brought an RV and his family came to stay with him at Blythe regularly.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73