cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Trip

hewebb
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of weeks ago we purchased our first motor home. Yesterday we left on our first outing. We did not bring a toad-haven't got it ready yet. I had some issues with the coach batteries the day before we were to leave and the morning we were to leave the issue was not solved. I replaced all the coach batteries and it seemed to fix the problem. because we were unsure about being able to leave we had to rush to load items.(mostly food)Well we got to the lake and set up. We were going through our meals and discovered we had not brought anything for breakfast, except coffee. We are traveling with some friends who also are on their first outing with their new to them motor home. They rescued us with some eggs. They cooked dinner last night and we will cook tonight. The park is nearly empty and the lake is beautiful.
Our coach is a 2001 Newmar Dutch Star 4095.
We had a TT for 9 years and have traveled most of the US and Canada so we are not newbies to travel and camping. The TT got to be to much work to set up etc.
Got to go cook some eggs.
2 REPLIES 2

railtrailers
Explorer
Explorer
We also have a 2001 Dutch Star 4095 with the Cat engine. Adopted it spring of 2014. Our most serious electrical problem was when the Leece-Neville alternator become "intermittent", which I fixed by replacing it with an after-market one that looks exactly the same except for not having the official label. I look forward to hearing about your maintenance, repair and upgrade experiences. I know that I could write a book about mine.

fyrflie
Explorer III
Explorer III
Glad to hear you are surviving your first outing.
Have a wonderful trip.