cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tv removal

murphy8
Explorer
Explorer
2004 adventurer. Old tv removal. Has Anyone done this .I cant see what's holding in in.
3 REPLIES 3

cbeierl
Explorer
Explorer
First step is to cover the defroster vents with a towel so that you don't loose anything down them.

Next remove the little snap in covers over the screws of the plastic housing that is under the TV. You should be able to carefully pop them out with a very small screw driver inserted in the little notch. With the covers off you can remove all of the screws as well--the plastic housing will still be attached to the wooden faceplate from the inside.

Remove the center sun visor (if you have one).

Remove the center speaker over the top of the TV by popping off the front screen and unscrewing it--disconnect the wiring after noting how it's connected.

You should find a couple of black screws going into the wooden faceframe from inside the cabinets on each side--a bit hard to see but they should be there. It would probably be helpful to have someone support the faceframe while you remove the screws. With the screws removed your should be able to tip out the top of the faceframe and then it and the attached plastic housing should come down and off.

The TV itself is secured by a metal bar across the top held down by a couple of big bolts, one on each side. There also may be adhesive foam underneath the TV as well. Disconnect the various wiring and power cord and then remove the clamp bar. You almost certainly will want another pair of hands to help with actually removing the TV--those Sonys are quite heavy!

Just fyi, here's my old thread over on iRV2.com detailing my front TV upgrade: Front LCD TV install in 2005 Vectra (Long)
Chris Beierl
2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
There can be screws coming up from the bottom or in from the sides. One thing is certain and that is that it is very heavy and may need two people to remove it so you don't get hurt. Get as much access as you can and then try wiggling it to find the attach points. If there is a front frame, remove it.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
For mine, I used a crowbar and a Sawzall.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG