Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Step down in Class C
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Step down in Class C

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
egh33

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/19 05:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been checking around. Do they make a Class C with out the step down to the drivers & passenger seat from the main coach? Also one that doesn't have the bunk bed over the cab, I seen one along time ago that had an entertainment center up there instead of the bed. I can't remember what make it was and haven't seen one since. I'm thinking about down sizing if I can find one.
Thanks

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/19 06:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

leisurevans.com ours is a C and we think its great.

Hank85713

Tucson, Az

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/19 07:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

look at the winnebago aspects for the entertainment system (B+), or some of the other B+ platforms. But just about all have the step down as far as I know.

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/19 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our Forester has a stepdown, but it's only about 2" & tapered down. Many come with the entertainment center, (mine did), but many come as an Option.

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/19 08:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lots of them have the option of an entertainment center in the overhead area instead of a bed. As far as I am aware, they all have at least a little step down to the cab area. Some higher than others.

2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/19 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I,just came in from looking at ours 2007 LTV flush from the floor into the cab. its on a sprinter chassis

Islandman

NW Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/19 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take a look at the Coach House units, they are high quality and hold their value; but the best deals are the slightly used MH's sold at the factory and are just like new for a more affordable price.

suprz

rhode island

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/19 11:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 2006 jayco greyhawk has a step down into the cab from the coach and an entertainmemt center and cabinets instead of the overhead bunk
Some winnebagos have a step down from the bedroom into the rest if the coach... **** near broke my ankle first one i looked at

Proud father of a US Marine

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/19 11:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

egh33 wrote:

I have been checking around. Do they make a Class C with out the step down to the drivers & passenger seat from the main coach? Also one that doesn't have the bunk bed over the cab, I seen one along time ago that had an entertainment center up there instead of the bed. I can't remember what make it was and haven't seen one since. I'm thinking about down sizing if I can find one.
Thanks
Hi egh33,

The quick answers to your questions are yes & yes.

The answer to your bunk bed question is.....You seek a B+ motor home of which there are many to choose from. It is officially a class C but with a small aero-dynamic cap instead of the massive bed. This difference give it an unofficial B+ classification. We own a B+ motor home and love the setup.

The answer to your "step-down" question is in the selection of the chassis that the motor home company built the house on. In the conventional class B+ market, there are five basic chassis choices.

Ford E350 & E450
Chevy 3500 & 4500
Mercedes Sprinter
Ford Transit (no step-down)
Dodge Promaster (no step-down)

The Transit and Promaster do NOT have the step-down. They are more like a mini-van with a much lower stance, hence no need for a step. But they don't carry nearly as much of a load as the bigger boys do so they are offered only in short lengths. CLICK HERE to see an example of a Transit B+ motor home.

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

Gene in NE

Omaha

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/19 07:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It has been over 15 years since we shopped for a motor home so do not have current knowledge on how the Class C chassis are made. We bought a new 2002 R Vision Trail-Light Model 211-S with a 5.7 Chevy with a flat floor from the cab to the rest of the motor home. All of the Chevy's we looked at had flat floors. We looked at a couple Ford's and they had the step down.

Our motorhome has a television above the cab instead of a bed.

2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Step down in Class C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.