cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Video: RV camping with dogs

FirstTracks
Explorer
Explorer
According to a survey conducted by the Recreational Vehicle Industries Association (RVIA), 61% of us go RVing with our four-legged companions. After an entire season on the road in 2018, in our latest episode we've assembled our tricks and tips for traveling in your RV with your dog:

https://youtu.be/OtGAkXXryk8
Grand Adventure: YouTube.com/GrandAdventure | GrandAdventure.tv
Cottonwood Heights, UT
2016 Evo by Forest River T2050
2014 Toyota Tacoma SR 5.7L V8
Days camped: 2017 - 66 |2018 - 136
12 REPLIES 12

Campinghoss
Explorer
Explorer
I would have to agree with DOTLDaddy, at least 50% of the campers where we have been have one or two dogs with them. We stayed at one cg last year with about 64 sites and I honestly think we only saw three sites with no dogs. I remember that well since it was our topic of conversation one afternoon with fellow campers.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
I guess it depends on where one camps. Doesnt seem like its 60% locally here.
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

DOTLDaddy
Nomad
Nomad
dewey02 wrote:
Maybe that statistic is accurate, but I doubt it.
Have been camping for years, and unless people have truly silent dogs that never leave their camper even to defecate, I have seen nowhere near 3/5ths of campers having dogs along with them.

Interesting observation. My observation is that the percentage of campers with dogs may be even higher than 60%

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 10 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

FirstTracks
Explorer
Explorer
richclover wrote:
Great photos, thanks for sharing!

Next time you go to Lyman Lake there may be one more rig there ๐Ÿ˜‰

LOL!
Cottonwood Heights, UT

richclover
Explorer
Explorer
Great photos, thanks for sharing!

Next time you go to Lyman Lake there may be one more rig there ๐Ÿ˜‰
Rich
2019 RAM 1500 Classic 4X4 Hemi
2021 CanAm Maverick DS Turbo
Southern NV

FirstTracks
Explorer
Explorer
Here's Lyman Lake mid-June 2017:

And here are some of my favorite pics of skiing with the pups off UT-150 at Bald Mountain Pass over the Memorial Day Weekend 2017:

Yup, they just bounded down that same line down Murdock Mountain in the background that we did.

Cottonwood Heights, UT

richclover
Explorer
Explorer
FirstTracks wrote:
richclover wrote:
Thanks for the link. Good tips. Weโ€™ve been boondocking with our dogs for years and will do an extended road trip this summer.

We are very familiar with the Mirror Lake scenic highway ๐Ÿ˜‰

Fantastic for you, congrats! Love the MLH, gorgeous up there. For RV boondocking in the Uintas, though, we much prefer the northern slope accessible from your home state -- many more options, and many fewer people. Have you checked out Lyman Lake?

Haven't been to Lyman Lake ... Yet. I see it on the North Slope Road, west of the Meeks Cabin Road. We'll give it a look see as soon as the snow melts and the mud dries. Might be late June this year!

Here's the pups having a race across the very wet meadow, Hayden Fork creek, while camped along Hwy 150.

One of our favorite photo spots along the Ruth Lake trail. Bourbon Lake is another favorite trail hike. During our first camp, week after Memorial Day. Lots of snow left with ice still on both lakes.

Rich
Southern NV

FirstTracks
Explorer
Explorer
richclover wrote:
Thanks for the link. Good tips. Weโ€™ve been boondocking with our dogs for years and will do an extended road trip this summer.

Fantastic for you, congrats! Love the MLH, gorgeous up there. For RV boondocking in the Uintas, though, we much prefer the northern slope accessible from your home state -- many more options, and many fewer people. Have you checked out Lyman Lake?
Cottonwood Heights, UT

richclover
Explorer
Explorer
FirstTracks wrote:
According to a survey conducted by the Recreational Vehicle Industries Association (RVIA), 61% of us go RVing with our four-legged companions. After an entire season on the road in 2018, in our latest episode we've assembled our tricks and tips for traveling in your RV with your dog:

https://youtu.be/OtGAkXXryk8

Rich
Southern NV

dewey02
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe that statistic is accurate, but I doubt it.
Have been camping for years, and unless people have truly silent dogs that never leave their camper even to defecate, I have seen nowhere near 3/5ths of campers having dogs along with them.

FirstTracks
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
Are you trying to make some $$ from us with your videos?

Of course we do earn some ad revenue through our videos, as nearly all YouTube creators do. That won't shock anybody. However, it's truly a pittance and therefore it's not our motivator. We simply love creating RV-related videos and sharing them -- it marries two of our favorite hobbies, RV'ing and photography.
Cottonwood Heights, UT

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Are you trying to make some $$ from us with your videos?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE