cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mobileye collision avoidance system

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
Saw an ad for the subject system. Runs about $900 plus installation $$. Has anyone installed this? If so, how well does it work? About what were installation costs? I'm figuring at least $500 or so.
5 REPLIES 5

Jim_n_Steph
Explorer
Explorer
We had these installed in 250 of our tractors which was about half of our fleet . Ours would beep if you would leave your lane or wondering close the lane if no turn signal was used, if your following distance was decreasing you could set the following distance warning, speed limit . Most guys didnt like them due to beeping in city traffic or being cut off in merging traffic in light or heavy traffic
2003 Silverado 1500HD Vortec 6.0 4.10 2012 Flagstaff 831FKBSS

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Tiffin has offered it for about 4 years as an option. The only complaint my customers have is when in heavy traffic, the system is constantly beeping at you. The side and front proximity distance sensors react very quickly to Traffic around you. Doug

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
at under 1000 dollars. tell me more about this system 77.... Sounds like it might be interesting. also does it Pass-Through the OBD as I have something there already .
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

77rollalong
Explorer
Explorer
iam certified to install the mobleye system, you do need the software to program the system as well as the target plate to set the camera. most of the signals it does get from the OBD port

Fla_Tom1
Explorer
Explorer
I like moble eye solely for the distance feature which is nice on the intestate. Ours was oem but does not look like a difficult install.