cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GS Trip Planner

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
So what is everyone using since the trip planner is going down? We had a trip planned and now it won't load so I can save it.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport
6 REPLIES 6

whjco
Explorer
Explorer
I use Garmin's free Basecamp program to develop our routes. One I have a route, I then upload it into our Garmin GPS and it will navigate the route I selected.

Bill J., Lexington, KY
Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
There is also a free online trip planner at Furkot. It does have a steep learning curve, but there is good online documentation and a pretty good tutorial. I have been trying to learn to use it to replace Street Atlas, but as it is an online, it will never be a navigation aid.

You really have to look at what things do in Furkot, It does a lot, but it does not easily accept strange things like EOD at a rest area or store lot. Those are both things we do a lot.

I did have a subscription to Trip Planner, but it was missing so many of the conveniences of SA and S&T that I just gave up. It is also an online as so will never replace the two that are gone.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just went to look at my planned summer trip and I had no issue looking at it and then sending it to my email. You might want to try again. It looks as if they are shutting it down and don't have a replacement queued up-- poor planning
..............from their FAQ's
Good Sam Club is working on an improved version of the trip planner. When will the new version be available?
The current trip planner will no longer be available, effective April 10. Our goal is to launch the new version of the trip planner by the end of 2019.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
x3 Love it used it for planning 3 long trips
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I use Trip Wizard also. Very nice program
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

RoaminRichards
Explorer
Explorer
I use RV Trip Wizard. It is a subscription service but very nice with lots of options.
https://www.rvtripwizard.com/members/index.php?page=login