cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2011-2013 F150 Recall Details

AlmostAnOldGuy
Explorer
Explorer
As the last recall thread rapidly spun off topic just wanted to provide a couple of details I picked up at the dealer yesterday when getting an oil change. The service manager gave me a copy of the email received from Ford and below are the most relevant items.

TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Dealers
SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Safety Recall 19S07

AFFECTED VEHICLES
F150 2011-2013 Dearborn plant built 4/28-10/28 2013
F150 2011-2013 Kansas City plant built 5/18-11/18 2013

REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL
In some of the affected vehicles, an intermittent Output Share Speed Sensor (OSS) failure may result in an unintended downshift into first gear. Depending on vehicle speed at the time of the downshift, an abrupt wheel speed reduction may occur., which could cause the rear tires to slide or lockup until the vehicle slows down. This condition could result in a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash.

SERVICE ACTION
Before demonstrating or delivering any new in-stock vehicles involved in this recall, dealers are to perform the following steps:
1. DO NOT attempt repair on 2013 Model Year F150 vehicles equipped with 3.5L GTDI engines at this time - software update not available until 2nd Quarter, 2019.
2. Check for available power control module (PCM) software update and reprogram the PCM using IDS Release 112.04 or higher. Some vehicles may already have the latest software.
This service is to be performed on all affected vehicles at no charge to the vehicle owner.

OWNER NOTIFICATION AND MAILING SCHEDULE
Owner letters are expected to be mailed the week of March 4th, 2019. Dealers should repair any affected vehicles that arrive at their dealerships, whether or not the customer has received a letter.

In Attachment II of the document it indicates labor time of 0.3 hours.

Hope this information may be of help.

Take it easy,
Stu
2012 F150 HD/Max Payload (8200 GVWR, 2176 payload) SuperCrew EcoBoost
2008 Komfort Trailblazer T254S
1 REPLY 1

2003silverado
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd hate to see what would happen if this occurred at highway speeds while the vehicle was in 4 wheel drive.