cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Attention to detail is the exception and not the rule!

mc_cc
Explorer
Explorer
Are there any RV service shops that provide just a little bit of attention to detail? I took it in for two optional/ add on things. I went to pick it up and discovered that the service technicians broke the screen door latch and permanently scratched the LED screen on my large TV. Believe it or not, this was not Camping World, but it was a large RV dealership that pride themselves in a โ€œwarranty foreverโ€ program. Unfortunately for me, Iโ€™ve just learned that this is the norm with RV service work and not the exception.
Mark
11 REPLIES 11

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
We have never had anything like this happen. We have really only used 3 service centers around the country several times and have never had a problem.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
The last time I went to the dealer I bought my rig from for service was some 16 years ago. That's when it went in under warranty after it's first trip out. Yes, they did fix the issue under warranty and all it cost me was time and travel. They actually took it in and "fixed it" in less than 5 days.

But, within only a couple of months and two more trip later, the same issue happened again and guess what. I ended up fixing it myself while camping with some simple parts I got from the local ACE Hardware store for a total cost of about $10 and it's been working great ever since. ๐Ÿ™‚

It was a plumbing issue with the P trap in the shower, and all I did was install a rubber collar between the P trap and the pipe going to the gray tank and BINGO. No more broken P trap pipe and leaking from every sink in the trailer because it all goes down that P trap!

I've done a TON of other mods and fixes over the years, but it's still the first and only TT I've owned since 2002..

Yes, I have tools and know how to use them, and I get that there are other's that can't or won't deal with that kind of stuff..

As I'm getting older myself, my DIY projects is getting less and less and I like just "signing the check" more now too, but I still like getting my hands dirty every now and then.. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Unfortunately I have not ever seen an exception to the OP's rule. ๐Ÿ˜ž
No RV dealer I know of gives a krap.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you modify your statement that this is norm for THIS DEALER, then I would tend to agree with you.

I do not believe this is the norm across all dealers.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
mc.cc Time, actually overdue, to have a sit down and come to Jesus moment with the service manager. Some dealers are sloppier than others, yes, but IMHO, it's not the norm with those dealers that care. Choose wisely....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

ken1961
Explorer
Explorer
We go back to the dealer that we bought our RV from because they take us sooner than 3 months that other dealers quote. Knowing the people and staying in constant contact ( being a pain) is important. Do not accept poor service!
Ken

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
That was my thought too. Why go back to the same RV service place if they caused damage twice previously. Is this the only place that is within a reasonable distance to you?
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
What is not normal is to go back to a dealer that creates these issues.
I hope they restore your RV to the proper condition and still I would be moving on.

mmccray100
Explorer
Explorer
No, it's not the norm. I've had my Class A worked on several times at various dealers, including Camping World and have never had a problem.

mc_cc
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
You need to provide more details.
1. What were the 2 items that were installed?
2. Did the work involve your TV or any area close to your TV?
3. When did you find the TV damage. At pick up or days/weeks after?

Did they not offer to compensate you at all especially the screen door latch? The screen door latch probably just broke. That is a small cost item that any Service center would fix for free regardless of who broke it. Doug

PS, it is NOT the norm. That is a dumb statement. There are hundreds of thousands of RV's worked on every month in the USA and very few sustain damage. Just because it happened to you does not make it the norm.

Well, considering that this same dealership broke my driver seat with the slide at a previous visit, and at another time, smeared sealant on the side of my rig, I would consider this the norm. No, none of the work involved these two items. Iโ€™m not going to mention all of the problems with Camping World which included filing an insurance claim for their damage. YES, this is the norm and not the exception.
Mark

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You need to provide more details.
1. What were the 2 items that were installed?
2. Did the work involve your TV or any area close to your TV?
3. When did you find the TV damage. At pick up or days/weeks after?

Did they not offer to compensate you at all especially the screen door latch? The screen door latch probably just broke. That is a small cost item that any Service center would fix for free regardless of who broke it. Doug

PS, it is NOT the norm. That is a dumb statement. There are hundreds of thousands of RV's worked on every month in the USA and very few sustain damage. Just because it happened to you does not make it the norm.