cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z-Wave Thermostat

CalvinD49
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone found a Z-Wave thermostat that will work in a RV?
There seems to be two issues. First, RV systems are 12v and home units are 24v. The second is the two-speed fan. Home units do not have that functionality.
I have a Z-Wave network ready to install and it looks like I can control lights and monitor stuff like temperature, himidity, propane leaks, etc. I can even hook a camera to the network.
We will be taking our dogs and want to make sure they are safe if we are out and about for some reason.
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
Some people use MARCell to monitor their RV. I have been using a old Freeze Alarm setup for a long time.
I have also been looking for a smart thermostat for the RV. Have not been able to come across one that can do everything that is needed in a RV.
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

garym114
Explorer
Explorer
Have no idea if this is what you need but it is powered by 4 AA batteries.
There may be others.
https://www.amazon.com/GoControl-Thermostat-Z-Wave-Battery-Powered-Works/dp/B00ZIRV40K
2000 Sea Breeze F53 V10 - CR-V Toad
Some RV batteries live a long and useful life, some are murdered.
Get a Digital Multimeter and Learn How to Use It

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
interesting topic. I had debated a "smart thermostat" for my rig, but the strict 24 VAC requirement most have is a downer... I'm not going to run an inverter just to power the thermostat 🙂

Home units have 2-stage heat, maybe that works similar to your two speed fan? First stage will run the fan at low for small temp changes, but big changes will kick the fan on high. Just a matter of wiring it?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed