Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: 32 ft class c
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> 32 ft class c

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
c5er

Wisconisn

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/19 08:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Excellent points. The ac is one I hadn’t though about.

Waukesha WI
2006 Dodge 3500CTD QC laramie SB 4x4
2007 Cougar 289bhs 5er

derh20

Vancouver-Not BC, WA-Not DC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/19 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This thread seems to have gone into a discussion about A/C. Back to the posters question, as mentioned earlier, weight is a big issue. The extra length puts added weight to your rear axles. I have a 29' with 3 slides, but the weight is almost maxed out at the factory leaving me very little to add. Just check out the numbers before you buy.

whizbang

Kenmore, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/19 08:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

+1 on the weight advice. Check your GVWR vs dry weight. Some plus 30 footers have need to nothing payload capacity.

Whizbang
2002 Winnebago Minnie
http://www.raincityhome.com/RAWH/index.htm

c5er

Wisconisn

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/19 10:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

whizbang wrote:

+1 on the weight advice. Check your GVWR vs dry weight. Some plus 30 footers have need to nothing payload capacity.

That’s my plan for today. Chassis have the same capacity by the uvw was 1300lbs heavier so I want calc, fuel, water, people and junk to see where it falls

I am not sure there was even an option for 2 units, the only optio. I saw was for
The larger 15k unit , which it had. But sounds like that is not sufficient.

Is the length good no to cause issues in rev parks?

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/19 11:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think 32 is a good sweet spot for livability/size for RV parks. I haven't had much trouble, but some state parks are suppose to be limited to 22 foot. I haven't had a problem there except on corner sites. My first time out I booked a corner site that was advertised as ok for 32. The site was plenty deep, but the issue was I couldn't cut the corner because of trees at the opposite edge of the road. Plus there were also limbs that hadn't been trimmed. Some parks are not maintained well enough for the height of the rigs. I don't book corner sites any more for that reason.

Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. Wife and daughter. Three cats which we must obey.

Sqdancecaller

Minford, Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/19 11:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 32 ft Thor Chateau and tow our HHR on a tow dolly. Only 1 AC but it works fine for us. We do keep a small fan handy should it get overly warm but it hasn't been used that much. I do agree with the issue on getting in and out of gas stations. It can be a hassle but we have learned to be very diligent in checking before we get ourselves in a bind. Usually try to use Flying J's or Pilot as they usually have RV lanes that make it much easier.

2013 Thor Chateau 32 ft.

Tripalot

Golden Horseshoe, Ont. Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/19 12:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sun shades on the front and driving compartment side windows make a big difference. Of course this only applies when parked. We have ones that go on with magnets - very quick & easy to install.

2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

c5er

Wisconisn

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/19 06:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ugh, So the CCC is only 1720 lbs for the larger unit compared to 2800lbs for the 2500TS. With a pot shot guess, it seems 3 people, 2dogs , fuels 1/3 tanks in water, gray, black has me just slightly over the weight limit per the spec sheet. Have a good feels for people, fuel, water... But don't have a good feel for weight of food, drinks, camp chairs and all the rest of the stuff needed - does anyone have a good estimate for that stuff? I also suspect that coach options such as the auto level would drag that CCC down further.

Mich F

Plantation, Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/19 06:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 32 1/2' C with a single ducted 15,000 BTU air conditioner and it's never been a problem while living and camping in south Florida. My MH has a 3,275# OCCC, which I know is better than a lot of Class As. I tow either an 18' boat or a Ford F150 super cab 4 wheels down. Naturally you have to plan ahead maneuvering at gas stations and similar places, and watch the tail swing

2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

rjstractor

Maple Valley, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/19 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

c5er wrote:

Ugh, So the CCC is only 1720 lbs for the larger unit compared to 2800lbs for the 2500TS. With a pot shot guess, it seems 3 people, 2dogs , fuels 1/3 tanks in water, gray, black has me just slightly over the weight limit per the spec sheet. Have a good feels for people, fuel, water... But don't have a good feel for weight of food, drinks, camp chairs and all the rest of the stuff needed - does anyone have a good estimate for that stuff? I also suspect that coach options such as the auto level would drag that CCC down further.

When I had my 30 foot C with no slides, it had about 2500 lbs of CCC. Even with that much capacity I had to watch my weight. It wasn't so much the GVWR but the RGAWR. Anything you load in a motorhome puts weight on the rear axle (unless you hang it off the front bumper) so the rear axle will often overload before you hit max GVWR. And you have to watch it since at max RGAWR the tires are getting close to their max weight. Loaded for a week with family (three kids, wife and dog) I was right at the max. When the dog went to the back to take a nap I think I was a little over. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> 32 ft class c
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS