cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trailer Roof- Man am I sore!

KM_Rolling
Explorer
Explorer
Spent 4 hours on the trailer roof today.

Was doing preventative maintenance. Putting Eternabond on all my seams.

After 4 hours I was whooped. Still got about 20% to go, but had no more gas in the tank. 60 yo is not the same energy level as 20 yo. :blink:

Wore knee pads, so that helped, but scrubbing, then applying, then pushing hard with fingers, and then pushing hard with the weighted roller.

Caulking would have been easier...but this one time with the Eternabond should cut the need to be up there 1 or 2 times every year doing more caulking.
Kevin & Mary
2018 Ford F150 3.5 EB HDPP 8' Bed - For Sale
2020 Ford F350 6.7 PSD 4X4 DRW CC LB
2019 Coachmen 271BL Toy Hauler
9 REPLIES 9

KM_Rolling
Explorer
Explorer
Been raining all day today, did not feel like going back up there anyway. lol

Will finish it out later this week.
Kevin & Mary
2018 Ford F150 3.5 EB HDPP 8' Bed - For Sale
2020 Ford F350 6.7 PSD 4X4 DRW CC LB
2019 Coachmen 271BL Toy Hauler

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
K-9 HANDLER wrote:
Id just drink the beer. Have never washed my roof and have had it 13 years.

Pretty much my philosophy too. I climb up there ONLY to sweep it off before bringing in slide out if we have been camped under trees. Maybe I’m just lucky, but have not had any roof problems all these years.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
Id just drink the beer. Have never washed my roof and have had it 13 years.
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I feel your pain! Applied Heng's roof covering last Summer, 5 months into a knee replacement. Took a very full weekend. Definitely beat afterwards, but worth it!

Camp on!!
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Four hours? I would have been done at two. Save the rest for next weekend or more.

gbopp, I think you're on to something! :B
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Beer, it cures all that ails you. Drink it AFTER you finish working on the roof.

Better yet, drink it while you watch someone you are paying to do the roof work. :C

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I can do the hard work, standing, kneeling, climbing up/down, never run out of gas. Now the next day...stiff/sore OH YA! Here is a tip...do a couple Ibuprofen, at jobs end, helps a bunch, for the next day. 🙂

Jerry

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
I did the same thing to my TC in my signature. It was a lot of work. I only had one spot where some of the tape came up after several years. It was on the leading edge of the cabover and I am sure it was my fault for not preparing it well enough. The rest is as solid as a rock. That eternabond is great stuff. All though I also have great faith in self leveling dicor. JMHO
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!