Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RVing in Canada and Alaska: Vancouver Island....Victoria
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Vancouver Island....Victoria

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
SideHillSoup

South Eastern British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/19 08:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2 days is not near enough time to visit Vancouver Island. We live in BC and we are going back again this summer for our at least 10th trip ( lost count) to the island, Vancouver island
Things to do on Van Island
There are site seeing tours out of the north end of the island where you can hope to view bears, there is whale watching tours all over the Island, as well as, Long Beach at Pacific Rim National Park on the west coast of Vancouver Island.... and on and on...
As well the cost to travel back and forth to Vancouver island is not cheap and after spending all the money on Ferries no matter which ferry you take, two days just is not enough time in my mind. Vancouver Island is bigger than some USA States.
We have for this trip planed 15 days on Vancouver island before we catch the new ferry ( The Sea Wolf) from Port Hardy to Bella Coola.
Like someone has said, two days you won’t even see all of Victoria.
Soup.

2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

Joe-n-Doe

Fernandina Beach, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/19 01:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Orion and ppine, I appreciate the size and magnitude of Vancouver Island and realize a few days there will not do it justice,but I have to work with the time I have available.

We can squeeze an extra day or two into our stay, but not much more. This is the turn around point for this trip and we have a couple of must visit family stops to make on the return trip to Florida. We also need to get the kids back to Florida so they won't be late for school. (They start school during the 2nd week of August here..don't ask me why.) Plus, I have 2 other pre-planned trips to make back to back in August.

Seaeagle2 We are locked into PA for getting to Victoria, but might be able to adjust a re-entry port. We are also traveling with our loyal dog Bella. She eliminates the option of taking the Coho and making it a day trip. We are traveling in a Class A, towing a Honda Fit, so mobility shouldn't be an issue once we get there.

Orion

Pacific South West

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/19 02:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just did a calculation on the cost of the ferry, based on a total of 60' and got $334 US. Probably be similar to get off the Island too. I was going to suggest you just take the car, but realise you are going to Vancouver afterwards. You will see much of Victoria in two days, just not much of the Island.

Everyone has an accent, Yes, even you! ">

Joe-n-Doe

Fernandina Beach, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/19 05:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Orion wrote:

I just did a calculation on the cost of the ferry, based on a total of 60' and got $334 US. Probably be similar to get off the Island too. I was going to suggest you just take the car, but realise you are going to Vancouver afterwards. You will see much of Victoria in two days, just not much of the Island.

Have been researching further and have decided that because we do not have the time to really visit the Island the right way that we will probably do the following:

1. Board the dog in Port Angeles
2. Book a package ferry/hotel deal thru the ferry (kids go and stay for free).
3. Spend 2 maybe 3 nights in Victoria
4. Return to PA and resume our trip

Might not even take the car with us and get around on double decker or other buses.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Vancouver Island....Victoria
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.