cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

water pump question...

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
My water pump has suddenly started running constantly when on. Any thoughts about the cause of this?
2017 Winnebago Sunstar (gas)
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake
7 REPLIES 7

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
goufgators wrote:
Should have done a bit of 'searching' before I posted. Somehow...(?) the cold water valve for the outside shower was ON. The valve's nob had been turned several revolutions...(?). How (?)! The compartment door was locked so not possible for an 'intruder' to have access to the valve. Could it be that we have a 'possessed' MH? Probably not. But, this little mystery will surely go down in the annals of RV mysteries...likely never to be solved :E.

Thank you for both filling us in and being honest. Both are rare.

As to how, first is that this may have just been missed when that was used last. And a second (common for our coach) is that the road vibration will shake the hot knob in the bath sink open sometimes. This is why part of the departure checks is to shut off the potable pump.

Yes, it could also be haunted by a prior owner or a plant employee that was distressed.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
yep ,those wee people that live the swamp wanted a cool drink.

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
Leak in the system. Any water UNDER the coach? Most common cause is the inlet valve on tank fill. Second most common is the drain valve being partially open. When was the last time you cleaned the filter?? Perhaps it didn't seal completely. Check the pump for leaks after checking the above two items. Let us know how you make out...Dennis

Should have done a bit of 'searching' before I posted. Somehow...(?) the cold water valve for the outside shower was ON. The valve's nob had been turned several revolutions...(?). How (?)! The compartment door was locked so not possible for an 'intruder' to have access to the valve. Could it be that we have a 'possessed' MH? Probably not. But, this little mystery will surely go down in the annals of RV mysteries...likely never to be solved :E.
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on the type of pump you have you may need to adjust the bypass and pressure screws. Incorrect bypass adjustment will cause constant running. This applies to the Shureflow 4008 adjustable pump. I see you have a newer Winnebago and many of them now have this pump as ours does.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Leak in the system. Any water UNDER the coach? Most common cause is the inlet valve on tank fill. Second most common is the drain valve being partially open. When was the last time you cleaned the filter?? Perhaps it didn't seal completely. Check the pump for leaks after checking the above two items. Let us know how you make out...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
IB853347201 wrote:
It's possible that You've left your Fresh Water Inlet valve on "tank fill" rather than "normal".
This will cause the pump to run continuously.

Thanks! I'll check it out...
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
It's possible that You've left your Fresh Water Inlet valve on "tank fill" rather than "normal".
This will cause the pump to run continuously.
2010 Suncruiser