Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: water pump question...
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

 > water pump question...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
goufgators

Crawfordville, Florida

Senior Member

Joined: 04/26/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/17/19 06:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My water pump has suddenly started running constantly when on. Any thoughts about the cause of this?


2017 Winnebago Sunstar (gas)
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

IB853347201

Eastern Ontario

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/17/19 06:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's possible that You've left your Fresh Water Inlet valve on "tank fill" rather than "normal".
This will cause the pump to run continuously.

goufgators

Crawfordville, Florida

Senior Member

Joined: 04/26/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/17/19 06:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IB853347201 wrote:

It's possible that You've left your Fresh Water Inlet valve on "tank fill" rather than "normal".
This will cause the pump to run continuously.


Thanks! I'll check it out...

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

Senior Member

Joined: 02/07/2008

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 02/17/19 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Leak in the system. Any water UNDER the coach? Most common cause is the inlet valve on tank fill. Second most common is the drain valve being partially open. When was the last time you cleaned the filter?? Perhaps it didn't seal completely. Check the pump for leaks after checking the above two items. Let us know how you make out...Dennis


A Simple Act of Caring Creates an Endless Ripple
Dennis and Debi Ten Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG



georgelesley

Tennessee

Senior Member

Joined: 07/29/2010

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/17/19 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Depending on the type of pump you have you may need to adjust the bypass and pressure screws. Incorrect bypass adjustment will cause constant running. This applies to the Shureflow 4008 adjustable pump. I see you have a newer Winnebago and many of them now have this pump as ours does.


George & Lesley
2014 Itasca Sunova 33C, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Lattitude Plus toad, Demco/SMI towing system

goufgators

Crawfordville, Florida

Senior Member

Joined: 04/26/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/17/19 11:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Executive wrote:

Leak in the system. Any water UNDER the coach? Most common cause is the inlet valve on tank fill. Second most common is the drain valve being partially open. When was the last time you cleaned the filter?? Perhaps it didn't seal completely. Check the pump for leaks after checking the above two items. Let us know how you make out...Dennis


Should have done a bit of 'searching' before I posted. Somehow...(?) the cold water valve for the outside shower was ON. The valve's nob had been turned several revolutions...(?). How (?)! The compartment door was locked so not possible for an 'intruder' to have access to the valve. Could it be that we have a 'possessed' MH? Probably not. But, this little mystery will surely go down in the annals of RV mysteries...likely never to be solved [emoticon].

midnightsadie

ohio

Senior Member

Joined: 01/07/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/17/19 12:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

yep ,those wee people that live the swamp wanted a cool drink.

Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 10/09/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/18/19 01:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goufgators wrote:

Should have done a bit of 'searching' before I posted. Somehow...(?) the cold water valve for the outside shower was ON. The valve's nob had been turned several revolutions...(?). How (?)! The compartment door was locked so not possible for an 'intruder' to have access to the valve. Could it be that we have a 'possessed' MH? Probably not. But, this little mystery will surely go down in the annals of RV mysteries...likely never to be solved [emoticon].

Thank you for both filling us in and being honest. Both are rare.

As to how, first is that this may have just been missed when that was used last. And a second (common for our coach) is that the road vibration will shake the hot knob in the bath sink open sometimes. This is why part of the departure checks is to shut off the potable pump.

Yes, it could also be haunted by a prior owner or a plant employee that was distressed.

Matt


Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.


Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

 > water pump question...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS