cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Location of the air pump for the firestone airbags

HighwayPilot
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all, I just purchased a 2004 Xplorer 230XLW. I was wondering if anyone here knows the location of the air pump for the bags and if anyone has tapped into the lines to make an attachment to fill the tires.
Virgil, May & Fred (the yellow Lab) ๐Ÿ™‚
5 REPLIES 5

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
Plus the fact that you normally only carry about 60-65 lbs. of pressure in the air bags and 80 in the tires. Go to 80 in the air bags and they'll probably fail. I adjust mine manually with a compressor and they only hold a tiny amount of air. You'd be there forever trying to air up a tire.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

Kober
Explorer
Explorer
Those pumps are not designed to air up your tires. You'll be there all day trying. Ask me how I know, lol!
2014 Coachmen Freelander 29qb, towing a trailer with my toys:
2020 Honda Talon SXS, or
2006 Royal Star Tour Deluxe
2008 Road Star 1100
PATRIOT GUARD RIDER, AMERICAN LEGION RIDER
Retired 25 years US ARMY, retired 24 years business owner

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Turn on the pump without the engine running, you should hear it.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

HighwayPilot
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestion, I know i have the pump because I can air the bags individually from the inside with a switch. But I will try and get under the rignext weekend.
Virgil, May & Fred (the yellow Lab) ๐Ÿ™‚

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Might not be a pump. Lots of folks just install the Shrader valve{s} and forgo having a dedicated pump. I use my compressor to top up the airbags on my Class C. Look for the air lines and follow them under the rig to either the pump or the valve{s}.

Good luck.

:C