cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco on the way to FL

FordsForMe
Explorer
Explorer
We are heading to Florida for March break with the kids. Looking for a Costco that is easy in/easy out (36’ TT) and not far off our path. I plan to take a route of interstates 90-79-77-95. We are leaving Friday from the Niagara region of Ontario so i would like it to be something after PA or so since that will be Evening driving. Not late but not wanting to stop then. Anyone got a good spot for me?
1992 Dutchmen 220 - gone
2000 Springdale 250bhl - gone
2016 Jayco Jayflight 32bhds
2012 Sierra 2500 HD - gone
2011 F350 Lariat SRW
12 REPLIES 12

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
FordsForMe wrote:
JaxDad wrote:
There is a Costco (with gas) and Wally World across the street right at I-79 & SR228 (not quite halfway between Zelionople and Pittsburgh. It’s here.

It’s very close to, and easy to get in & out of, I’ve stayed there a few times when I got behind schedule for one reason or another.

Based on where I am and where you are I’m guessing it’s about 4 hours drive time from you.

Thank you. That is exactly the type of info I was hoping for. I would really like to get further than this Friday and stop Saturday sometime but I have added that to my GPS in case I need it and for future trips.

I do the trip from northern GTA to Florida a LOT, I tend to do longer days because I’m not interested in sightseeing, I want to get there. My usual first night is the Tamarack at Beckley WV.

It’s not your typical parking lot and surrounded by all you old need, gas, fast food, sit down dining, etc.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
FordsForMe wrote:
Tripalot wrote:
If you are only going for Spring Break, are you really sure you want to "do" Costco? Do you have enough storage when you need to buy 3 bottles of ketchup, 12 boxes of tissue, 50 rolls of T.P. - you get the idea. I would go to W.M. - but then I am not a true Costco fan. I renew my membership for the sake of buying deli chickens and cheap gas where available.

Good for you for being able to escape this snowy winter - your area has been hit hard.

We will be gone a total of 10 days and I have three young sons. At the rate they go through food Costco is the perfect stop for us. It is also a place that I stock up on some items to bring back home. Storage is not an issue for us.

Glad it works for you. Enjoy your time away.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

FordsForMe
Explorer
Explorer
numberseven wrote:
We are from Hamilton Ont.

Just between Erie & Pittsburgh there is a flying J service center at Portersville PA newcastle rd exit I79 exit 99 big lot out back

Second night was flying J 2435 Mt Holly Rd, Rock Hill, SC 29730, USA on I77 big great and clean plaza

Third night was St Pete Florida

Enjoy your trip

Thanks for the info. I will be booking some pull throughs for our nights to get there and home. My wife is not fond of over-nighting in lots with the kids. I will check these out as stops on the way though .... with the young kids we stop often to keep everyone sane.
1992 Dutchmen 220 - gone
2011 F350 Lariat SRW

FordsForMe
Explorer
Explorer
Tripalot wrote:
If you are only going for Spring Break, are you really sure you want to "do" Costco? Do you have enough storage when you need to buy 3 bottles of ketchup, 12 boxes of tissue, 50 rolls of T.P. - you get the idea. I would go to W.M. - but then I am not a true Costco fan. I renew my membership for the sake of buying deli chickens and cheap gas where available.

Good for you for being able to escape this snowy winter - your area has been hit hard.

We will be gone a total of 10 days and I have three young sons. At the rate they go through food Costco is the perfect stop for us. It is also a place that I stock up on some items to bring back home. Storage is not an issue for us.
1992 Dutchmen 220 - gone
2011 F350 Lariat SRW

numberseven
Explorer
Explorer
We are from Hamilton Ont.

Just between Erie & Pittsburgh there is a flying J service center at Portersville PA newcastle rd exit I79 exit 99 big lot out back

Second night was flying J 2435 Mt Holly Rd, Rock Hill, SC 29730, USA on I77 big great and clean plaza

Third night was St Pete Florida

Enjoy your trip

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer

2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

FordsForMe
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
There is a Costco (with gas) and Wally World across the street right at I-79 & SR228 (not quite halfway between Zelionople and Pittsburgh. It’s here.

It’s very close to, and easy to get in & out of, I’ve stayed there a few times when I got behind schedule for one reason or another.

Based on where I am and where you are I’m guessing it’s about 4 hours drive time from you.

Thank you. That is exactly the type of info I was hoping for. I would really like to get further than this Friday and stop Saturday sometime but I have added that to my GPS in case I need it and for future trips.
1992 Dutchmen 220 - gone
2011 F350 Lariat SRW

FordsForMe
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
Satellite mode should give a clear view of the entrance exit and layout.

Also try Bing maps, sometimes they have a clearer or better zoom image.

This is what I was starting to do and have done in the past. Just thought I would reach out and see if there were any known stops out there. It’s the route I will go ahead if no good leads here.
1992 Dutchmen 220 - gone
2011 F350 Lariat SRW

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Satellite mode should give a clear view of the entrance exit and layout.

Also try Bing maps, sometimes they have a clearer or better zoom image.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

FordsForMe
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:
Hey, guess what, Google had the answer.

Bill

Not exactly the answer I was looking for. Both of the local Costco’s I would use in my area would come up on that map if I was looking in this area but one would be impossible to get into and out of with my rig, and the other would be VERY difficult and not worth it. I know how to use google but looking for some personal experience info from some people who hopefully have made the stop.
1992 Dutchmen 220 - gone
2011 F350 Lariat SRW

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey, guess what, Google had the answer.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.