cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bra for toad

BingMyDog
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to know the Pros & Cons of using full front end bra when towing a car.

Thank You
BingMyDog
6 REPLIES 6

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
We had a Bra on our 05 Tacoma for almost 4 years. BUT at least once a month I would remove it and wash. Sand can get underneath and rub the paint. When I sold the Tacoma I polished that area and it looked great. I did not use the hood part.

Moisheh

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
10 years towing our 2003 Sport Trac, we kept a bra on it all the time as we're full timers. Protected the paint on front, but wore thru the clear coat on ridges in hood. Not running with a bra on our Flex for the past two years, several chips on front of hood but not noticeable in passing. I feel a plastic Roadmaster Guardian Rock Guard would be of more protection, have one for our Miata I found used, but haven't towed it yet.

'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
been towing our jeeps for 15-seasons with no โ€œbraโ€ or other protection with no damage to our jeeps. save your $.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Forget the car bra and get a thing called an "underskirt"

tycreek
Explorer
Explorer
Clear shield stick-on bra ... or one of those clip & strap vinyl ones that rub/polish the paint as air forces move it around?

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought one for my Chevy Sonic (before I traded it) and used it a couple of times. Kind of a PIA to install, never really fit as I thought it should. Regardless of that, The instructions say to take it off, let it dry if it gets wet. Here in the south it rains a good bit. On long trips youโ€™re bound to get rain, and of course when it rains water from the rear wheels, passing cars, will all end up on the toad. Ended up taking it off for good after a few weeks. Does it help prevent paint dings? I suppose, but Iโ€™ll not get another.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT