Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fuel shutoff switch for Honda eu
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Fuel shutoff switch for Honda eu

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
tealboy

orlando, fl

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/19 08:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did not have my reading glasses on when I originally posted my question related to this topic so my apologies. But I’m trying to determine yes, what is the advantage over this aftermarket switch that can be added to the Honda EU 2000 that allows you to shut the fuel off while the engine continues to run so we can burn all the fuel out of the carburetor versus simply unscrewing the screw at the bottom of the float bowl and letting the fuel run out. I always drain the fuel and suspect the switch is essentially doing the same thing just more conveniently then having to unscrew the drain on the carburetor so it would be a convenience more than anything, right?

* This post was edited 02/18/19 03:36pm by tealboy *

dpglifestyle

michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/19 05:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With the factory fuel shutoff/kill switch you can unplug the kill switch portion and it will function as just a fuel shut off but you will not be able to just shut it off without adding a switch. Will work fine if you always want to run out all the fuel. For a couple of bucks you can add a momentary switch to the wire that needs to be unplug from the fuel shutoff

2015 Lifestyle LS36FW
2016 GMC 3500 CC Dually

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/19 06:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tealboy wrote:

I always drain the fuel and suspect the switch is essentially doing the same thing just more conveniently then having to unscrew the drain on the carburetor so it would be a convenience more than anything, right?

Right.

Doing it your way is probably even better because there may be a small amount of fuel remaining using the shutoff.

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/19 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tealboy wrote:

I always drain the fuel and suspect the switch is essentially doing the same thing just more conveniently then {sic} having to unscrew the drain on the carburetor so it would be a convenience more than anything, right?
I find draining the carb with the screw is very convenient.

Is it a foregone conclusion that running the engine dry gets more fuel out of the carb than draining it?

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/19 11:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Is it a foregone conclusion that running the engine dry gets more fuel out of the carb than draining it?

An engine will quit running when the fuel level in the carb bowl drops below the level where it can be picked up. Often there is some fuel left. I haven't checked my Hondas but a good test would to run it out of fuel, then open the drain to see how much might be remaining.

camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/19 12:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I suppose it depends on where you are and what the generator is sitting on, but I prefer to turn off a petcock and let the genny run till it dies over dumping gas onto the ground. The two places my generator usually runs is on my asphalt driveway, or in the back of my van. Neither of which I want to dump gas on.

2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/19 12:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

camperdave wrote:

I suppose it depends on where you are and what the generator is sitting on, but I prefer to turn off a petcock and let the genny run till it dies over dumping gas onto the ground. The two places my generator usually runs is on my asphalt driveway, or in the back of my van. Neither of which I want to dump gas on.

Did you ever read the manual for a Honda eu2000i generator? You put a small container under the provided hose and drain that very small amount of gasoline into it.

camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/19 12:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

camperdave wrote:

Did you ever read the manual for a Honda eu2000i generator? You put a small container under the provided hose and drain that very small amount of gasoline into it.

I was speaking to why I personally prefer to run-dry rather than drain. And yes, I'm sure everyone drains into a nice little container lol.

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/19 01:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

camperdave wrote:

And yes, I'm sure everyone drains into a nice little container lol.
Styrofoam cups don't work so well, and I seem to remember plastic drinking cups will dissolve also.

* This post was edited 02/19/19 01:45pm by 2oldman *

CapnCampn

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/19 02:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spray paint lids work great. Then you just dump it back into the tank.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Fuel shutoff switch for Honda eu
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS