cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jellystone's Cancellation Policy

52markwilliams
Explorer
Explorer
Jellystone in Memphis requirers a three week notice to give you most of your money. Less than two weeks you get nothing. FYI , be aware and don't have an emergency they don't care.
14 REPLIES 14

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Um, this is at most campgrounds. Some are less stringent, but itโ€™s still the way it is!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
wildtoad wrote:
You might try calling the park directly and if you have a true, unforeseen family emergency, they might work with you.

A favorite campground of ours in Wisconsin would put you in their 'pending file' if an emergency came up. That means you could use your reservation anytime during that season except holidays on an open site. Pretty accommodating IMHO.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
If cancellation is allowed for "real" emergencies, everyone's emergency is suddenly real.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Lantley wrote:
I feel your pain but unfortunately stringent cancellation policies are necessary to keep unscrupulous campers from gaming the system.

Yes sir, best to always keep a sharp lookout for those unscrupulous campers, the campgrounds are chock full of them

The CG's are not full of them because they cancelled their reservation at the last minute and left the site you really wanted vacant!;)
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lantley wrote:
I feel your pain but unfortunately stringent cancellation policies are necessary to keep unscrupulous campers from gaming the system.

Yes sir, best to always keep a sharp lookout for those unscrupulous campers, the campgrounds are chock full of them
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
My guess is that this campground is so popular that the book up long in advance. If that is so, they no doubt have had issues with jerks reserving sites and then cancelling when it is too late for others to consider getting a reservation. I can see that this might be 3 weeks out for a really popular campground, in which case, I can also see them trying to control those jerks by such a policy.

Before I retired, for many years I was a photographer, and early in my career, I did weddings. It only took turning down one multi-thousand dollar wedding because I was booked already, then getting cancelled on because the groom slept with the bride's maid of honor to realize that my refund policy needed revamping: no refund unless I do, actually, get a replacement gig, and then only partly refunded, since I had to work my butt off re-marketing the date in order to get that replacement. Otherwise, bankruptcy was just over the horizon, and besides, not my fault your guy can't keep his pants zipped.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
You might try calling the park directly and if you have a true, unforeseen family emergency, they might work with you.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I fail to see why people get their undies in such a bunch over cancellation policies. If you don't like it just go elsewhere. The vast majority of campgrounds have their policies on their websites so there are no surprises.

It is my personal experience that if you are polite and ask to reschedule, something can generally be worked out.

X2. If something changes within the two-week window and you can't go most likely that something is quite unexpected. A courteous phone call explaining the situation as suggested above is the way to go. Unfortunately life happens-the campgrounds get it-but they are running a business not a charity.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Campgrounds have bills to pay just like everyone else. And like stated above, you have fair weather campers that check the weather the week before and call to
cancel expecting all their money back. What they don't think about is all the potential customers that had to be turned away because they held that reservation. The inconsiderate cause these policies. It is my personal experience that if you are polite and ask to reschedule, something can generally be worked out.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
This is a very common thing for CGs and resorts.

I learned the hard way many years ago with private CGs and these clauses. I had to cancel a reservation at a popular WI private CG, at the last minute due to a family issue. Nope. No refund. Credit only. My fault I didn't read the rules. That will never happen again.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
Well, they weeded us out. We would never accept those terms.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
troubledwaters wrote:
Was the cancellation policy fully available to you before booking?
Many people attempt to "game" the system. Cancellation policies have to become more stringent to discourage that "gaming". Unfortunately, the innocent can be caught up in the nests cast to discourage the fraudulent. That's just a reflection of what happens due to some of your fellow campers actions. The "they don't care" is not limited to nor fully the fault of the campgrounds.

Quite clear there policy is on there website - why are you bringing it up on here

For Campsites:

3+ WEEKS
Refund minus the non-refundable $25 cancellation fee OR full refund issued in camp credit

2+ WEEKS
50% of reservation issued in camp credit and 50% of reservation forfeited

LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
Full reservation forfeited
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was the cancellation policy fully available to you before booking?
Many people attempt to "game" the system. Cancellation policies have to become more stringent to discourage that "gaming". Unfortunately, the innocent can be caught up in the nets cast to discourage the fraudulent. That's just a reflection of what happens due to some of your fellow campers actions. The "they don't care" is not limited to nor fully the fault of the campgrounds.