cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sun screens and awnings

napanee_ted
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to know if people just roll up there sun screens into there awnings when bad weather comes or do they unhook it first.
4 REPLIES 4

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
We take it off. Might not hurt a thing, but our electric awning doesnโ€™t seem to be a very robust assembly and Iโ€™m not willing to chance it. Also donโ€™t like the idea of anything else rolled up with the awning fabric. Only takes a minute or two to remove ours.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
We roll up the sunscreen with the electric awning when wind is expected, after detaching the tie downs. We also assist the roller manually, since the sunscreen is heavier than the awning, to help the motor.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I would unhook the sunscreen first. Leaving it on seems like a recipe for stretch marks in the awning material when you roll it back out.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
There are all different types
On our new trailer it is motorized and I just push a button in the trailer to raise and lower it.
On our last trailer it was spring loaded, and I had to unlatch it
at the top and then release another catch at the bottom. Then hold a strap and let it roll up.

Guy