Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Day Seattle Froze 02/04/2019

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
The Day Seattle Froze 02/04/2019
During Seattle's big snow storm and freeze, I took advantage of the truck camper and used it to camp out near my jobsite to save commute time and money. Had fun staying at Fred Meyer, cooking, and getting a little office work done. The only bad part was when a large static spark from my finger tip fried my solar controller. Going to replace it with a Blue Sky 30 amp MPPT controller
5 REPLIES 5

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Spokane got hammered last week, 10 days straight of measurable snow fall, which ended on Monday. Then we got another 1/2" last night.

Last week I had to clean off the trailers when we got 7" on Tuesday.

Removing the snow from my trailer.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
You're gonna replace your finger with a what?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I didn’t quite freeze, but I was over that way for snowmagedden. Time to do the force air to the basement mod so I can steal electricity instead of burning so much propane. Then, when I got back to MT, I had to plow to get the truck up the driveway. 🙂

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
bwlyon wrote:
Dang son, that’s a lot of power you have in those finger tips! Wanna zap me up a winning lottery ticket? P.s. sorry about the failure.

It has got me thinking, The Polyester/Wool Cell Battery. Works best in a dry environment.

bwlyon
Explorer
Explorer
Dang son, that’s a lot of power you have in those finger tips! Wanna zap me up a winning lottery ticket? P.s. sorry about the failure.