cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLC in May

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
What's the easiest route northbound through or around Salt Lake City in early May? I usually go through northern NV but the elevation is higher and much colder. Haven't been through SLC in quite a few years and remember it being a headache, not being able to change lanes, etc.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8
4 REPLIES 4

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, folks!
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II
boogie_4wheel wrote:
I recommend taking the I-215W (west belt) and then continue north on the Legacy Parkway.

Depending on time of day (8-9a and 430-6p), the exit to the 215 can back up a little, but trust me it's worth it. If you stay on the 15 during those times you'll slinky in traffic for miles. You can maintain speed on the 215 95% of the time.

I don't normally go north of centerville, but it can be slow going between Kaysville and Ogden.

Your best travel time along the wasatch front is 10-330 to keep your sanity.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will also be going through SLC twice during May.

boogie_4wheel
Explorer
Explorer
I recommend taking the I-215W (west belt) and then continue north on the Legacy Parkway.

Depending on time of day (8-9a and 430-6p), the exit to the 215 can back up a little, but trust me it's worth it. If you stay on the 15 during those times you'll slinky in traffic for miles. You can maintain speed on the 215 95% of the time.

I don't normally go north of centerville, but it can be slow going between Kaysville and Ogden.

Your best travel time along the wasatch front is 10-330 to keep your sanity.
2005 2500 Cummins/48RE/3.73, QCLB, 4wd, BigHorn, Edge Juice w/ CTS + Turbo Timer,Transgo Shift Kit ISSPro Oil and LP pressure gauges, GDP 20/2 filters, Custom Diesel Steering Box Brace
'10 Forest River Shockwave Toy Hauler 21'
Honda EU3000I Genny

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
I-15 is just fine. We have taken that route several times with no problems. Except just before the Winter Olympics several years ago when all kinds of road construction was going on.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"