cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Desert Snow

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Joshua Tree National Park is covered in snow, no wild flowers can be seen, sure is pretty, ok, now you can melt.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)
14 REPLIES 14

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
It was unique to us in June on Going to un Road to see ten ft and higher snow banks alongside of the road.
Wife talked with ehr sister a bit a go. She had to get her nephew and niece to clear the snow from the walk and road in front where her other sister lives.
I a surprised it hung on so long there.
I wish it would freeze and aabout a foot of snow for to weeks. Maybe it would kill a lot of the bugs that are here from spring to fall.

richclover
Explorer
Explorer
A "normal" winter here, so far. Last I checked the local mountain snow pack was 110% average. I snapped this photo, home street, Feb 8. We've added another foot or two to the snow banks.

Rich
2019 RAM 1500 Classic 4X4 Hemi
2021 CanAm Maverick DS Turbo
Southern NV

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't been up to the dam this am but Wednesday the water was about, I estimate, ten feet above normal completely covering a walk and railings that is normally 8-10 ft from the water. Um maybe that is 20 ft.. oh well it is a lot.
Since Wednesday we have had a lot more rain.
Probably raining this am at the head waters of thee Tn River and mountains of North Carolina still. Old Hwy 41 has the area that started to slide back in the late 60s after the Interstate was constructed. ON Tuesday the whole side of the mtn had slid with a large number of huge trees all caterwalled, from all the rain.
It has rained every day, save 1 or maybe 2 this month of February and most of January. Sun is out today. Will be really nice once the moss falls off it.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Friday morning I saw fields of snow -- not just pockets -- on the north slopes of the Santa Monica mountains, north of LA. The snow fell Thursday and lasted till noon on Friday. I have lived here since 1966 and had never seen that before.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
All of N Georgia is completely soaked and flooding. The SP near Helen has a road that goes up to Anna Ruby Falls. A landslide has collapsed the access and it is blocked off now. The Chattahoochee has been flooding for days now and the flood gates on Lake Lanier are being opened regularly. We are looking for long hot summer in this area.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
Wife talked with her Sister in Kingman, Az. She sent photos. 14 inches this morning and still snowing. Looking at the map of precipitation earlier today it may have changed to rain. I bet Flagstaff has a few feet and Mt Logan near Tucson too.

In 1932 a record snow fall in Kingman AZ was 14" and it likely exceeded that amount
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Now, imagine about six months of that scene.

Depressing isn't it? :E
Lived in it for many years that's what I moved to the desert for. The heat gets depressing by October, can't win
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I love the snow! Only complaint ISS we didnโ€™t get enough this year. Enjoy all the seasons!

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Wife talked with her Sister in Kingman, Az. She sent photos. 14 inches this morning and still snowing. Looking at the map of precipitation earlier today it may have changed to rain. I bet Flagstaff has a few feet and Mt Logan near Tucson too.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
I blame global warming!
2010 Suncruiser

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
The whole West is frozen. It is about to change in the next of weeks probably. Patience grasshopper.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
gbopp wrote:

Especially with 10 times that amount. :S
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
tuna fisher wrote:
Joshua Tree National Park is covered in snow, no wild flowers can be seen, sure is pretty, ok, now you can melt.

Pictures would be Nice.

Like these ๐Ÿ™‚
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer