cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electrical issue

gtschulz
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 Damon Tuscany 4072. I am losing electrical power often, AC will go off, carryout satellite goes off, convection over clock blinks until reset. In other words everything on shore power goes out. However within 5 seconds the power comes back on.
Today i replaced the IOTA ATS and i still have the problem. No circuit breakers trip. I had the electrical pedestal checked all looks good there.

Any ideas of a cause?

Thank you!!!
Deputy Chief/Fire Marshal (retired)
11 REPLIES 11

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
newman fulltimer wrote:
Tighten all wires in your breaker box your power management is seeing extra resistance and shutting off then resetting

When My RV was new
Sometimes one A/C would work
Sometimes the other
Sometimes both or neither

One wire clamping screw took 3 1/2 turns to tighten
Problem solved.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Good info Thanks
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

gtschulz
Explorer
Explorer
Here is an update on my electrical issue. The power company checked their equipment from pole to the meter and all was well. That left either the pedestal or my motorhome. After the motorhome was rule out the park management decided to change the breaker that isolated the pedestal. It was an old breaker. After the breaker was replaced the problem stopped. I was not aware that a breaker could cause this type of problem but apparently it can.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
newman fulltimer wrote:
Tighten all wires in your breaker box your power managmant is seeing extra resistance and shutting off then resetting

Also check inlet (the place you plug in teh shore cord) outlet (on the rv end of shore cord and any other screws in teh electrical chain.

I'm fond of saying many RVers have a few screws loose.. One of the circuit breakers in my Damon.. 3 1/2 full turns to tighten.. ANd yes. the device it powered worked much better after tightening.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
Often overlooked is the shore power pedestal, can be loose or bad connections in it, including bad connection between breaker and buss. Circuit breakers in pedestal are often used as off and on switches, they are not switches, they are circuit breakers and can go bad.

I cringe when I have an intermittent problem, give me a total failure anyday : )

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would measure and start monitoring voltage on the main breakers.
Going to be a tough call on where the issue is for just 5 seconds.
Do you have an energy management system that might be shutting down power for low voltage?
I assume you have checked house battery voltage is pretty steady at ~13.5 volts.

MrWizard
would these items be on circuits that are also supplied by an inverter

if so do a power reset on the inverter, and check the battery cables and wiring of the inverter
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

gtschulz
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for responding. I will do as you suggest.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Tighten all wires in your breaker box your power managmant is seeing extra resistance and shutting off then resetting