cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery tender along w solar.??

Rockinfigs
Explorer
Explorer
I have one lithium battery and one 210 watt solar.. obviously when it's cloudy the solar does no good when I have my RV sitting at home. Can I also use a battery tender along w my solar to keep my battery up when hauler is sitting at home?
2019 Ford f350 cclb 6.7 diesel black sports package
2020 eclipse attitude 3218mm
2014 rzr 4 800
11 REPLIES 11

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rockinfigs wrote:
Is it safer to just plug the hauler to the house wall plug instead of hooking up a tender to the battery..I believe my solar is constantly charging..not sure on shut off..but it's a 210 watt panel
Do you have a solar controller? That is your shut off.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
So what's the difference if the solar is working and you're plugged in to shore power and the converter is on? NONE, don't worry.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
I have my plugged in the house, AKA shore power all the time when not in use. You said ~ .I believe my solar is constantly charging..not sure on shut off..but it's a 210 watt panel . You'll need to figure that part out.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Rockinfigs
Explorer
Explorer
Is it safer to just plug the hauler to the house wall plug instead of hooking up a tender to the battery..I believe my solar is constantly charging..not sure on shut off..but it's a 210 watt panel
2014 rzr 4 800

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Ummm solar and a battery tender it would depending on how many amps are driving the soler panel and does it have a shut off. Your tender has a build in one. otherwise you'll fry your lithium battery
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Multiple charging sources are not an issue. By all means plug it in and leave the solar connected.

Rockinfigs
Explorer
Explorer
No when I have it stored at home I push in the battery disconnect n the solar charges battery but my question is can I also connect a battery tender to the battery w solar charging
2014 rzr 4 800

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lithium? Just disconnect. No need to float.

Or do you have systems in the RV that must run?

Y-Guy
Found a recent thread of a similar subject that might help you out.

Run Solar Circuit and Shore Power at the same time?

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Rockinfigs
Explorer
Explorer
So at home u have your tt plugged in using your 30 or 50 amp service n adaptor to your house wall plug? Or do u use a battery tender? Yeah I was not sure if having both the tender n solar would conflict
2014 rzr 4 800

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't see why not as long as it follows your lithium battery charging specs, lots of RVers use the battery tender as such. We also store our TH TT in our side yard when not in use, it is always plugged in utilizing our onboard Iota IQ4 smart converter to keep our flooded pair of 6 volt batteries happy and fully charged.